Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 av6 accord and was wondering exactly what I need to do a engine swap with a j32. I can’t seem to find exactly what engine I need to be considered “plug and play”. Help is needed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're using a manual TL engine into a manual accord, you'll just need the ecu and to repin 3 pins on the ecu plug. Everything else is plug and play. Same goes for auto TL into auto accord.

If you're using an auto TL engine into a manual accord, you'll have to use the coolant passage from the manual engine, or cap off the unused ports on the auto coolant passage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're using a manual TL engine into a manual accord, you'll just need the ecu and to repin 3 pins on the ecu plug. Everything else is plug and play. Same goes for auto TL into auto accord.

If you're using an auto TL engine into a manual accord, you'll have to use the coolant passage from the manual engine, or cap off the unused ports on the auto coolant passage.
So my car is the 5 speed auto and the engine I have my eyes on is from a auto Acura. My question is now do I still need to repin the 3 pins on the ecu? Also what about the immobilizer? All the vids I saw on YouTube didn’t mention that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an '03 6v6 that I put a '04 TL J32A3 and running it on my original ECU without issues.

Check this thread:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts