Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go back to OEM motor mounts so I am selling the rear and front Innovative motor mounts. Below is a link to the g.b thread that has any and all the information on the motor mounts. The motor mounts have about 1500 miles on them so they are essentially new..Just fyi I will be keeping the side mount :D . How does 200 dollars sound ?

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124645&page=51

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why keep the side mount?

$200 shipped? If so, I'd like to call dibs!

What city are you in ?
I kept the side mount because it seems to make no difference when it comes down to polyurethane mount vibrations. The way it is set up now feels the same as O.E.M.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it is nicer looking but it is kind of thrown off by having to add a grounding cable..I'm still surprised that a company with their reputation didn't think of adding a grounding screw :confused:. Oh well as they say "nothing ventured nothing gained".:rolleye2: ....................Hey Nighthawk04V6 what do you think about the mounts ? I failed to realize the inherent vibrations that come with polyurethane mounts.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Yeah it is nicer looking but it is kind of thrown off by having to add a grounding cable..I'm still surprised that a company with their reputation didn't think of adding a grounding screw :confused:. Oh well as they say "nothing ventured nothing gained".:rolleye2: ....................Hey Nighthawk04V6 what do you think about the mounts ? I failed to realize the inherent vibrations that come with polyurethane mounts.
it would be biased for me to answer as I don't care about vibration. I'm in it for performance, not looks, and to my knowledge and experience, stock mounts fail fast.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
these mounts were a big improvement for me over the OEM mounts which were on their way out after only a year...

vibration is noticeable when sitting at dead stop especially with the AC on.. once the car is moving you don't notice any negative effects from the mounts but reap the benefits of the better power transfer and less stress on the axles too since the engine can't move in the engine bay.

i like mine

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I know...Both nighthawk04v6 and Kschwiggy are completely correct....It kills me because everything is better with the polyurethane mounts except that I really really really dislike the vibrations...And the vibrations are only noticeable when at a stop...Oh well..

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I still have them...I'm in the city of La Mirada which is on the border of Los Angeles and Orange County. For what ever reason I wasn't able to log onto V6P for a couple of days ..Who knows looks like everything is fixed and I am able to connect now....Everyone that has replied is correct...These are good mounts that last much much longer than O.E.M but they are performance mounts and they have the regular inherent problems that come with polyurethane mounts. That's why it was a very difficulty decisions for me to make. Comfort was more important to me than performance and life expectancy of the motor mounts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts