Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
much needed opinions!

OK, so these are the wheels...

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/03accord/wheels/fpwheel.jpg (sry I couldnt make the image come up here)

Link to pics of my F'ed up wheel... http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/729648/3

and this is the scenario...
I have some other OEM 17" wheels (the link to them... http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/03accord/em9rrb.jpg theyre so ugly I dont wanna put up a pic, I have pics of them on car on my cardomain...http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/729648) and I really messed up on my choice. I found these other wheels and I'm like :eek: . Well one of the 17's I have right now have a HUGE dent (front right wheel) and like a week after we got them I noticed it, I called the dealer where we got the car (2 hrs away in victorville) and complained to them. They said that was impossible that they are balanced before installed but I called BS because weather or not the wheel is dented the balancing will correct it w/ weights, right? And I told them that the tire has NO damage, I would of blew a tire because its such a big dent, and I have no road rash. I asked them to get another wheel into the dealer so I could drop by a weekend because I wasnt going up twice, they said they would call me back. THEY HAVENT CALLED!!!

and these are some questions...
Does anybody have these wheels on a graphite sedan?
What do you guys think? should I try and work out a deal w/ them and trade? just the wheels because they both use the same tires (isht ill balance them out of my pocket too if I have to)

I dont want to buy all new aftermarket wheels just yet because Im short on bank, but Im willing to drop a bill or two to get something that I actually like.

Thanks in advance, Oscar.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
i feel your pain man, dealers will try to screw you over with the wheels that come on the car, and what not. mine was giving me the ugly ones until i put my foot down and asked for the 6 spd rims.

in anycase, if u not looking to drop a lot of bills. you want my 6 spd rims with tires?

;)

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OwAce said:
i feel your pain man, dealers will try to screw you over with the wheels that come on the car, and what not. mine was giving me the ugly ones until i put my foot down and asked for the 6 spd rims.

in anycase, if u not looking to drop a lot of bills. you want my 6 spd rims with tires?

;)
well I'm kinda looking for a dark wheel, and I also dont want to be stuck w/ the ones I have right now either

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OwAce said:
you can get 17" motegis for like 450 shipped on ebay. use your existing tires?
I'm glancing around on the motegi website and I dont see any w/ a 5x114.3 bolt pattern or w/e it is... I know its not 5x100...

·
Registered
47 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
OK, so these are the wheels...

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/03accord/wheels/fpwheel.jpg (sry I couldnt make the image come up here)

and this is the scenario...
I have some other OEM 17" wheels (the link to them... http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/03accord/em9rrb.jpg theyre so ugly I dont wanna put up a pic, I have pics of them on car on my cardomain...http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/729648) and I really messed up on my choice. I found these other wheels and I'm like :eek: . Well one of the 17's I have right now have a HUGE dent (front right wheel) and like a week after we got them I noticed it, I called the dealer where we got the car (2 hrs away in victorville) and complained to them. They said that was impossible that they are balanced before installed but I called BS because weather or not the wheel is dented the balancing will correct it w/ weights, right? And I told them that the tire has NO damage, I would of blew a tire because its such a big dent, and I have no road rash. I asked them to get another wheel into the dealer so I could drop by a weekend because I wasnt going up twice, they said they would call me back. THEY HAVENT CALLED!!!

and these are some questions...
Does anybody have these wheels on a graphite sedan?
What do you guys think? should I try and work out a deal w/ them and trade? just the wheels because they both use the same tires (isht ill balance them out of my pocket too if I have to)

I dont want to buy all new aftermarket wheels just yet because Im short on bank, but Im willing to drop a bill or two to get something that I actually like.

Thanks in advance, Oscar.
There is a graphite sedan with the HFP wheels on the sedan pic sticky.
Rick

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the graphite sedan with the 17" HFP wheels. I love them and so do others. I get compliments on them often. Go for it. Pressure the dealer if you feel it was there faut. Worst comes to worse just save up some money and buy the HFP wheels. You won't regret it.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
sandwiches said:
I kinda like those wheels you have on there right now!
Ill sell them to you :D lol jk

Askani said:
I have the graphite sedan with the 17" HFP wheels. I love them and so do others. I get compliments on them often. Go for it. Pressure the dealer if you feel it was there faut. Worst comes to worse just save up some money and buy the HFP wheels. You won't regret it.
I saw a graphite sedan in the Sedan Pic Sticky but its mackdaddy's... Ill be calling up the dealer prob this week because were going up near Victorville soon... If worst comes to worse imma stay w/ my wheels, or if I do buy other wheels out of my pocket they wont be OEM... if I get aftermarket theyll prob be the Axis Spider, I just like that wheel...

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have the hfp rims for my graphite coupe. i haven't mounted them on yet since i need two more tires. will get them soon and post some pics.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mofo80 said:
i have the hfp rims for my graphite coupe. i haven't mounted them on yet since i need two more tires. will get them soon and post some pics.
how come you only have two tires? lol, what size tires are you getting on them? hope to see ur pics...

·
Registered
198 Posts
i saw a good price for two tires so i bought them. i didn't have enough money back then for all 4. i'm getting 215/45/17. hope they're good enough.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mofo80 said:
i saw a good price for two tires so i bought them. i didn't have enough money back then for all 4. i'm getting 215/45/17. hope they're good enough.
the ones they recommend are 215/50/17 (thicker sidewall by about .4in), so your speedo will be off by 3.3% (when ur speedo reads 60mph, ull really be going 58mph) and I dunno about all your other electronics...

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
come on guys, 270+ views and less than 15 comments? give me some input please! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
sandwiches said:
I kinda like those wheels you have on there right now!
yes I have the same 17's on my ride, I like them also easiest thing for you to do is drop 180 for a new rim to replace the dented one. Also, look to see if there are scratches on the rim/paint. If you bent that rim you would have to leave some kind of mark from the curb, rock pothole etc. I am thinking that there could be a mark inside the rim which would account for the damage - done prior to you getting the rims. Like the rim being dropped at the dealership. Yes I am reaching, but I would look into it - that is one bent rim and you would have known when it happened. good luck

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
I'm glancing around on the motegi website and I dont see any w/ a 5x114.3 bolt pattern or w/e it is... I know its not 5x100...
Most if not all motegi's have 10 bolt holes, for both patterns, 114, and 100. I have motegi gun metals on the sedan, and they look nice, cant beat em for the price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts