Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I consider myself a considerate and defensive driver. I do the stupid stuff occasionally but today was a good day for the Honda Accord V6 nameplate.

For some reason my Accord attracts a lot of attention (cops, ricers, ordinary people and of course the ladies ;) ) when it's looking all pretty and bling-bling.

Coming home from work I noticed an older body styled white Ford Mustang 5.0 GT coming from behind really quick. I paid it no attention. I was in the right lane and needed to change lanes. I signaled left but the Mustang cuts me off... I was like MARY MOTHER OF GAWD! Just want I don't need! Another accident! I was able to make the lane change after he passes. If this guy was looking for a street race he was going to get one.

The Mustang GT was basically stock and my 03' Accord V6 Coupe (nighthawk black pearl) has the minor bolt ons (AEM V2 and Greddy Evo 2 cat-back exhaust system).

Okay following behind the Mustang I see this guy looking at me constantly thru his driver side mirror and rear view mirror. Kinda giving me the I piss on Hondas look. He keeps tapping his brakes even tho I was not even close to tail-gating him. I kept my distance because I hate rock chips on my front bumper and hood.

We were both heading the same way and to my luck he hits his left turn signal ready to make a left hand turn up this long stretch up hill road that flatten out to another long stretch of road at the top of the hill. Nice...

We both make the left turn and he guns it hard up the hill. I was ready for this so I gun it as well. His V8 was roaring but my V6 was louder and more aggressive sounding (sounded way better than his V8). While still climbing uphill my Accord V6 caught up with him without even breaking a sweat. We both get to the top of the hill and we're both still at it. He's falling behind but still driving his V8 hard. We hit the flat straight-away and by then I gained a 3 car length on him. After that he was bascially trying to play catch up but I was already ahead of him and still pulling hard. I see him still trying but it was pretty much over and I shut it down. I looked at my speed and it was almost at 130mph :eek:! The best part of the street race was his girlfriend was riding on the passenger side seat.... excellant~

This was to easy of a kill but for sure this guy was pushing his Mustang hard because the Mustang was pushing out some serious V8 noise and black fumes was pumping out of his exhaust (good fumes... not white, bluish white fumes).

Yeah like I said... today was a good day for the Honda Accord V6 nameplate. I hope this guy knew he got his a*s handed to him by a Honda Accord V6.

I won't hesitate to give this guy another chance at it.

:)

·
Something Something Darkside
4,499 Posts
I don't think black is necessarily good. He's running rich but who knows why. Good run. Did he catch up after you let off so you can wink at his gf. :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the grayish/black fumes were coming out when he first gunned it but I'm pretty sure he won't be messing with any 7th Gen. Accord Coupes anytime soon... or maybe *grasp* he might end up picking up one himself... or atleast test drive one. :)

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Good kill :up:

The guy in the Mustang probably had a lot of carbon buildup from not running the engine very hard if the smoke only showed up when he first floored it.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Lxcord said:
" Mustangs are like Tampons, Every P*ssy has to have them".
:boo:

·
Import driving azzhole
492 Posts
:Owned:

Nothing like getting dealt some ownage with the gf in the car :laugh:

Good kill :up:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I consider myself a considerate and defensive driver. I do the stupid stuff occasionally but today was a good day for the Honda Accord V6 nameplate.

For some reason my Accord attracts a lot of attention (cops, ricers, ordinary people and of course the ladies ;) ) when it's looking all pretty and bling-bling.

Coming home from work I noticed an older body styled white Ford Mustang 5.0 GT coming from behind really quick. I paid it no attention. I was in the right lane and needed to change lanes. I signaled left but the Mustang cuts me off... I was like MARY MOTHER OF GAWD! Just want I don't need! Another accident! I was able to make the lane change after he passes. If this guy was looking for a street race he was going to get one.

The Mustang GT was basically stock and my 03' Accord V6 Coupe (nighthawk black pearl) has the minor bolt ons (AEM V2 and Greddy Evo 2 cat-back exhaust system).

Okay following behind the Mustang I see this guy looking at me constantly thru his driver side mirror and rear view mirror. Kinda giving me the I piss on Hondas look. He keeps tapping his brakes even tho I was not even close to tail-gating him. I kept my distance because I hate rock chips on my front bumper and hood.

We were both heading the same way and to my luck he hits his left turn signal ready to make a left hand turn up this long stretch up hill road that flatten out to another long stretch of road at the top of the hill. Nice...

We both make the left turn and he guns it hard up the hill. I was ready for this so I gun it as well. His V8 was roaring but my V6 was louder and more aggressive sounding (sounded way better than his V8). While still climbing uphill my Accord V6 caught up with him without even breaking a sweat. We both get to the top of the hill and we're both still at it. He's falling behind but still driving his V8 hard. We hit the flat straight-away and by then I gained a 3 car length on him. After that he was bascially trying to play catch up but I was already ahead of him and still pulling hard. I see him still trying but it was pretty much over and I shut it down. I looked at my speed and it was almost at 130mph :eek:! The best part of the street race was his girlfriend was riding on the passenger side seat.... excellant~

This was to easy of a kill but for sure this guy was pushing his Mustang hard because the Mustang was pushing out some serious V8 noise and black fumes was pumping out of his exhaust (good fumes... not white, bluish white fumes).

Yeah like I said... today was a good day for the Honda Accord V6 nameplate. I hope this guy knew he got his a*s handed to him by a Honda Accord V6.

I won't hesitate to give this guy another chance at it.

:)
Sorry but a foxbody mustang will always be cooler then a HoNdA AcCoRd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts