Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new here to hopefully answer some questions about my accord. A couple months ago i restored a 8th gen V6 coupe, unfortunately it has a nasty clicking noise coming from the engine that would take alot of labor to diagnose and fix.

I now have in my shop a J35A8 engine from a TL Type-S leftover from a job. would the TL engine be able to fit into the accord?

For anyone wondering the Accord engine clicking is not due to the valves, rockers, injectors, accessory belt, etc..
The sound is no doubt coming from the block. My best guess is the piston pins

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey im new here to hopefully answer some questions about my accord. A couple months ago i restored a 8th gen V6 coupe, unfortunately it has a nasty clicking noise coming from the engine that would take alot of labor to diagnose and fix.

I now have in my shop a J35A8 engine from a TL Type-S leftover from a job. would the TL engine be able to fit into the accord?

For anyone wondering the Accord engine clicking is not due to the valves, rockers, injectors, accessory belt, etc..
The sound is no doubt coming from the block. My best guess is the piston pins
. Hey wondering if the tl type s motor worked for you? or did u try it yet ? I got a 8th gen v6 six speed and my motor locked block no good I was going to try the same thing put the tl type s motor in

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
. Hey wondering if the tl type s motor worked for you? or did u try it yet ? I got a 8th gen v6 six speed and my motor locked block no good I was going to try the same thing put the tl type s motor in
Type S motor is still sitting in the shop. my accord still makes that noise but it seems completely harmless to the engine so ive just been living with it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts