Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i guess ill be first one to post. my idea is to paint exhaust tips inside like i did on mine. since looks like they are pretty same on 8th gen, to give it s2000 look
here is what i did

here is 8th gen tips (Darth Do'Urden pics)

old exhaust tip on right. new on left

both new exhaust tips unpainted

new exhaust tips painted flat black

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
many of my buddies that are mechanics at honda dealerships have told me that the 8th gen accords have a problem with those tips sliding off. I heard those tips are not being held on real well.

you're going for the "im running rich look" im the opposite, i try to polish my exhaust but than after a day of driving its black again

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they get black, but i painted mine and you can see less noticable since its black on black. mine were like pic above before i painted them. looks a lot better and yeah it looks like you have bigger exhaust holes. i like it

mine dont slide off. 2 brackets hold it to pipe, cant take them off unless you take holding screws off

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
Hmmm...I wonder how those would look on a 7.5G V6 sedan?

If you don't mind me asking, how much were the tips? And what kind of paint did you use?

Thanks!

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm...I wonder how those would look on a 7.5G V6 sedan?

If you don't mind me asking, how much were the tips? And what kind of paint did you use?

Thanks!
they were 25-30 each at autozone and pepboys(autozone didnt had 2 so i had to get one at auto and one at pepboys. i think autozone had them for $25 each. dont think it will look good on 7.5g sedan since they have round bumper cutout for exhaust if im correct.

·
Registered
49 Posts
looks good hope nothing goes bad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts