Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to fix loose fit for 9006 rebased D2R bulbs? I have stock headlight. The bulbs are quite loose inside the housing. I am worried that bulbs will come out.. I put duck tape right now, but is there any other way to make it tight fit??

·
Registered
266 Posts
i can't seem to find any company to make rebased d2r bulbs.. they all use d2s bulbs

if it was me i would wrap some electrical tape around the base and call them good.

carl.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
you can find a washer at home depot and cut a ring to fit it around the bulb. thats what i did and it worked fine.
yikes, that is probably a bad idea. if you alter the position of the bulb in the housing, you may move it out of the housing's intended focal point for the bulb. if you move the filament outside of that focal point, you will get MUCH MUCH more glare, and light will be scattered every which way, making the HID even more potentially dangerous to oncoming traffic.

what you should check first is that the 3 phillips screws that secure the bulb to the housing are TIGHT. if they're cranked all the way down, it is likely that you wouldnt even be able to get the bulb to fit, much less have them be loose. check that first, and if that STILL doesnt work, then add thin washers/rings until it does. gl!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts