Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
its my Religion
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend and I are taking the two cars to the local track in a few weeks, I just want to know if i stand a chance, I think I will loose but he thinks I might win, his is stock with 19's in the rear and 18's in the front, I have a v2 and magnaflow and 18's also. what do you guys think? he is affraid to loose to me but I think he would win hands down.

here are the two cars

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
I assume he's a manual. Those cars will do high-13's @ 100+ in the hands of a capable driver. It's also a lot lighter and RWD. I'd say you're gonna get beat unless he has some massive heavy 19's on there, or can't drive, or both.

·
its my Religion
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OwAce said:
1/4 mile? or lapping? or autoxing?
1/4 mile and he is manual he is just affrid to loose to me cuse he has alot ot live up to, it would be really funny if an accord beat an nsx.

·
its my Religion
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
riceboydrew said:
tell him to give me the nsx if hes not so confident, my gosh nsx will win hands down .. why is this even an issue... ? haha
I think the thought of loosing makes him worry, NSX's are not cheep if he looses it would be a shame.

·
its my Religion
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SixSpeeder said:
get some slicks and get a vhfc and get it dyno tuned b4 the race! you may have a chance then. :D
what is vhfc? and should i run with tracktion control on or off?

·
BULLPOO
4,241 Posts
hondaism said:
what is vhfc? and should i run with tracktion control on or off?

i meant to type a VAFC ...basically a v-tec controller allows you to adjust your air/fuel and adjust where vtec kicks in. it makes a modded honda make more effecient power.

and yes. steve, correct me if i'm wrong (nicely), but doesn't the tractiong control system actually apply brake pressure to the slipping wheel?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
both are awesome cars. put some steelies on the front if you want any chance :p even the old nsx's run low 13s. the newer ones run high 12s. 19s are big wheels, but unless he is a terrible driver, he will win (just trying to be honest, dont take it personal). definitely go for it, he has all the pressure on him, so he will be nervous and might mess up. good luck

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
The NSX will win. The NSX is one badazz Honda and is built for performance. I'd be extremely surprised if you pull this one off...so let us know how it turns out! He's just pretending to be humble so that he can bait you. :D

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
lol take off the seats, maybe even strip the carpets and definitely put the stock wheels back on there. Also ditch the spare tire and a jack..lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
All of the above + slicks + 75 HP Zex wet kit :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts