Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i get my title work today for my car and it says i have a UEX model accord.. Anyone know what this is? All the other paperwork i have says its an EX.. never heard of a UEX before.. I could pull the Vin on carfax and see if it tells me but thats a lot of money to just find out what UEX means. if anyone knows that would be great. Thanks

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have factory JDM corner bumper lights on it.. so it makes me wonder if its american made

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thundagoose said:
well i have factory JDM corner bumper lights on it.. so it makes me wonder if its american made
If the VIN starts with a J then it was made in Japan. If it starts with a 1 then it was made in America.

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok i happened to find the original window spec sheet from when the car was made, and it was produced in marysville ohio.. but it says 55% of the car is American parts, and 45% is japanese. Also The motor is american made but I have a japanese transmission. I think im like the only 5th gen to have corner bumper lights. Never ever seen them on any accord.

Still doesnt explain what a UEX is.. Guess ill throw some money aside and check out the carfax report.. see if that says anything.. but maybe those lights have something to do with it.. and the factory fogs, and body colored side molding?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Maybe it's an "import" from Canada. Isn't body colored side molding stock on EX's? All Hondas are a mix of American and Japanese parts, or atleast the ones made in America. (One of)The previous owner(s) probably bought a "JDM" front bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts