Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would 4 cylinder springs from a 98 02 accord (#40.40.140) fit on a 98 02 accord v6 (#4041.140). they both got a 1.5 fr/1.5 rear. is it ok to use them or not?

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
yes but not reccomended since i4 springs have different spring rates than v6, youre in for a harsh ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have them on my car but was wondering if it would work. how would you find the spring rate on the springs and compared them to different ones? i also installed new bump stops ( not even cut off) if that would matter and top stock pillar mounts.

·
Registered
583 Posts
2HOT4TV said:
i dont have them on my car but was wondering if it would work. how would you find the spring rate on the springs and compared them to different ones? i also installed new bump stops ( not even cut off) if that would matter and top stock pillar mounts.
i was wondering the same thing because i was gonna buy a pair for dirt cheap but they turned out to be for a 4 cylinder

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have changed my mind and im not even gonna bother using them cuz i dont want anything to mess up my car cuz i put some I4 springs in my car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
its not going to mess anything up. just make suer you put some new struts on your car with the springs. the stock ones wont last long at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts