Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered V-tec Monster
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well me and my friends were riding around looking for a fast food place with their lobby still open so we could get some trays and go tray sliding and i saw some classmates chillin in kroger's parking lot. (the one off of jiles rd. if u live in/near the atl). So i pulled up and startin messin with them and compliment his ride. He had a 3800 v6 grand prix (iono if thats how you say the name or w/e but i remember seeing 3800 on the side, dunno the year). I believe he said his engine was a 3.8 liter, it was lowered and had some rims. He said it was all stock other than that but his exhaust sounded sorta nice, but looked stock. I guess he just took off his premuffler or something...so on to the good stuff. He starts talkin trash and talking down to my av6 cuz he has a bigger engine or w.e and because domestics could whoop ass, and used his car vs. my car as an example. So i'm like. You wanna talk all that ****, put ur rims on it. I told him "If we win, I'ma take out my jack and take all of ur rims and leave you there to call a tow truck, and if u win u get $400 outta my pocket. (i had no$$ at all...not even in my back account....hold the **** up....I start sizing him up from there, big engine, nice exhaust sound(deep domestic growl), big heavy car, lightweight rims..... SO i'm guessing that he'd have me off the line, but i'd win by a car or two in the end if we went from a dig. And if we went on the highway i knew i was pretty sure i'd dust him. So he decides to go from a dig (note: i didn't say anything about my car, and lied to him and told him it was an i4 with a junkyard v6's exhaust on it.) I followed him to this road, not sure exactly where it was but it was somewhere off of Chastain rd. near a wendy's.

The road has 2 curves in it, one near the beginning and one near the end, the curves which were not too sharp but pretty sharp and very wide(as in the width of the road) I figured it wasn't even a full quarter mile or w/e but i got lazy and didn't dot he odom. check. So i told me friends to get out and told one of them to throw the flag between us to signal us to go. So he gets out and does the count "1.....2... GO!" And I'm like wtf, mate? I was so caught off guard and the grand prix dusted me off the line and i tried to catch up but just killed it cuz it was useless. I got pissed and cursed out my friend cuz i had $400 on the line and he was screwin around. So we reversed and started over and i got my friend to honk his horn 3 times, and we'd go from the 3rd honk. I press on my regular break with my foot and start gettin my revs up to about 2300-2500 and keeping it between, there. My cars sorta inching forwards at this point so i press harder to keep it in place. Once i heard the 3rd honk I let go of the break and jammed the gas as hard as i could and the car LAUNCHED! It surprised the **** outta me and made my foot come off the gas for a split second before i jammed it back down and kept goin.

As i predicted, he had me by about a half car from the jump and kept gainin until my vtec kicked in which evened it out. THen my rpms got a little higher (lets say 4000) and i started pulling...HARD. We hit the first corner at about 65mph and I didn't let off the gas and neither did he, but we're MAD close. We straighten out and I pass him about 2 seconds after leaving the corner. going into the last corner i had him by about a car (his front bumper was at my gas tank cover) and pulling still but not as hard. I breaked goin into the second corner cuz I wasn't lowered and he had the advantage. He wasn't as daring a driver as i thought he'd be and breaked as well. I wasn't paying enough attention to my own car as i was to how far ahead i was and gassed it late coming outta the corner so he gained and passed me and had me by a quarter of a car.

By this time i'm sweatin bullets cuz i didn't want to lose to this bimbo so I'm drilling the gas into the floor and startin to pull on him, though i doubt it was because of my now numb foot slammin on the gas. We pass his friends headlights (the "finish line") and we slam on the breaks and I stop and get out my car and throw up like right away. I WON! I was so ****in happy I was actin crazy and ****. My friend in his SI came to the finish line. We too the jack outta his car and found some rocks and jacked hte guys car up. We took his rims, tires and all...i dunno the brand of the rims but i know they are 5 lug. Dunno the exact pattern but when i go to get my springs installed i'ma see if his rims will fit, if not i'll sell them back to him HAHAHAHAH. It was a good ass race, but I pulled through in the end and whooped that pontiac's ass. I was shaking so bad after that race that I had my friend drive me home with my new rims in the trunk. whoo whoooo...i'm gonna go look for a pic of the car and see if i can get the year and specs and what not.

Thanks for readin all of this. lol.

***EDIT: I found a pic, its the 2002 body style..

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Wow, im not gonna read anything else for the rest of this year, haha, jk. Nice run, and good luck with those rims! U got pics of them?

·
Registered V-tec Monster
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just some plugs, nspire wires, and some springs (haven't installed them yet). Yea...weird i think i have a factory freak, but we'll see once i get dynoed...this'll be right after i get paid and get my springs installed

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
:needpics:

·
Registered V-tec Monster
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
meh he found out afterwards....he lied to me too....said he had a 3.4 liter v6 that pushes ~200hp. pfft....he fell for it... I think it was the four doors that got him. What do you want pics of? Dyno? I know this place that gives you 2 runs for about $25..Knowledge performance i think...

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
have u ever raced another lightly modded 6th gen av6 akordman? im curious if a factory freak can own a slow i/e one

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
yeah i want to see pics of the rims just so we can know that you're not BSing. :p

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
I'd be on the look out for that guy now... he may want his stuff back and do something harmful to you to get it...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts