1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
Like I posted on drive accord.com. I believe that the 9th gen v6 6 speed would put down 5-10 whp over the 8th gen 6 speed

The only way that I'll believe it is if 8th vs 9th dyno same day same dyno. That dyno specified the nismo dynoing close to 300, I personally witness a 370z nismo dyno 270 with an exhaust , given it was on a hot summer day but regardless

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I posted on drive accord.com. I believe that the 9th gen v6 6 speed would put down 5-10 whp over the 8th gen 6 speed

The only way that I'll believe it is if 8th vs 9th dyno same day same dyno. That dyno specified the nismo dynoing close to 300, I personally witness a 370z nismo dyno 270 with an exhaust , given it was on a hot summer day but regardless
well the 8th gen 6spd dyno'd at 239whp at TOV, the 9th gen dyno'd at 257whp at the same dyno on TOV, yes different days. The auto 13' accord V6 dyno'd at 240whp. It is the difference of a higher power motor coupled with less drivetrain loss.

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow thats really impressive!
Didnt the 8th GEN 6-6 Coupe put down like around 240 for the 6 speed manual?

Also with these results, I would say its very possible to hit low to mid 13's at around 105MPH. Thats like E46 M3 Territory!
yes! super impressive.

Traction limited thanks to no LSD. but yes, very possible with drag radials! The 8th gen 6 ran a [email protected] stock (member of this forum).

·
Registered
85 Posts
yes! super impressive.

Traction limited thanks to no LSD. but yes, very possible with drag radials! The 8th gen 6 ran a [email protected] stock (member of this forum).
Yes and with 10+ more whp I would say that it can run low 13's with slicks and with a J-Pipe if it comes out for 9th Gens will bring it to the High 12's at around 108-110MPH

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
yes! super impressive.

The autos are no comparison I understand that but the manual I disagree with. Different days can vary multiple things. I don't doubt the 9th gen will put down more power. I just knowing by driving both I know for a fact that it doesn't put down 20 more whp

·
Registered
85 Posts

Ya but weather and humidity cant make up for 20whp difference.

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
Ya but weather and humidity cant make up for 20whp difference.
First of all It most definitely can, but more realistically it could have effected 10whp. As I said the 9th gen putting down 10whp more? Sure. Let's be realistic.

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The autos are no comparison I understand that but the manual I disagree with. Different days can vary multiple things. I don't doubt the 9th gen will put down more power. I just knowing by driving both I know for a fact that it doesn't put down 20 more whp
I understand you're a skeptic, however you don't know for a fact. You can't judge that based on your butt dyno of driving both. There is proof in the actual dyno's. I have driven plenty of vehicles that feel faster than they actually are and that is based on refinement. The 9th gen v6 engine is underrated, as well as having less drivetrain loss, which equates to more WHP. :)

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there is another reason why I posted the auto. It put down 240whp on the same dyno that had the 6MT at 257whp on TOV. That is a difference of 17whp based on drivetrain loss. In comparison, the 7th gen V6 auto puts down about 195+ whp, the 7th gen V6 6MT puts down around 210+whp stock. that alone is based off of drivetrain loss. So why wouldn't the 9th gen 6MT be accurate with the mid 250s number? Hell, it has already been replicated twice by 2 different entities. Anyway, just my thoughts. What do you think six?

Reactions: six6

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
Well I think that's partially due to the new automatic transmissions being a hell of a lot better than the 7th or 8th gen ones. A 8th gen auto v6 is lucky to put down 200whp

Reactions: hondav6

·
Registered
133 Posts

DYNO result on 2009 Honda Accord V6 6MT with all modifications you can imagine, including Acura TL 3.7L Intake manifold and TB
Result could be better i believe if its not raining here in NYC today i would reach 270HP easy.Problem was its very small performance shop and Roller located next to front door.Today we have windy side rain witch constantly covered roller with rain water ,very slippery and wheels was skipping.Anyway here's result.Still waiting for reflash.When REFLASH will be available then car may reach 310-320 WHP
FOR VIDEO CLICK HERE Created by Camtasia Studio 8

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thing I found odd about the 9th gens 6mt (z3 engine code) and the 4g TL (z6 engine code) is how Honda flips the primary and secondary intake lobes on the actual cams even though they have the same heights respectively.

Also, how they've improved horsepower by improving the engines airflow efficiency and by doing this, they were able to lower the lift of the cams (in comparison to previous generation engines such as the j32a2) thereby lessening fuel consumption as well as emissions. They lowered intake lift by quite a bit (accounting for valve staggering) and increased exhaust lift to effectively increase scavenging of gases allowing "charge combustion recycling" which raises EGT's...this of course aids in catalytic converter function. So now you have less of a fuel charge coming into the engine yet more power due to its VE increase. It's smart but it actually means they're detuning these engines and that opens a door for those who will venture into that uncharted territory.

What would today's Honda motors do with yesterday's camshafts and engine management programming?

·
Registered
3 Posts
j-pipe

Yes and with 10+ more whp I would say that it can run low 13's with slicks and with a J-Pipe if it comes out for 9th Gens will bring it to the High 12's at around 108-110MPH
The J pipe is coming soon for the 9th Generation Accords! My car is being used for R&D right now. I won't say by who, otherwise he will get so many calls he wll never get it done. I will say that he is really good at it! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey ikethegreat
You're right!:bowdown: Richie is back at it again! And After 3 months with my car he's come up with some more marvels for us 9th Generation V6's.
HFPC'S 26 WHP 23 WTQ (I HAVE THESE ON MY TOURING....SWEET!)
PCD'S 37 WHP 23 WTQ (TALK ABOUT BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!):up:
J-PIPE SOON AVAILABLE!!!
ALL NUMBERS DYNO PROVEN!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts