Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Honda Accord LX. The A/C stopped working a year ago. I had a bad A/C control panel (only the fan blower was working) so I replaced it with another one from a junkyard. All the lights on the panel came up and the A/C light was also working. But the clutch was not engaging.

I recently took it to a repair shop and the mechanic identified that the condenser fan was internally shorted and causing the 20A condenser fan fuse to blow and replaced the part and all the fuses for the A/C. However, it did not work. He ensured that the compressor clutch was engaging by shorting the relay switch and that there was enough refrigerant in the system. He told me that a bad control panel was causing the issue. After some YouTube research, I found that the ac blender actuator on the passenger side has gone bad as well. I am planning to replace the actuator. Can someone please help me identify where the problem could be? The control panel or the ECU?

I also have P0141 ( O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2) fault code. Can this be a cause? Would highly appreciate any information or ideas for troubleshooting. Thank you.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,842 Posts
It could possibly be the control panel. Over the years the community has identified issues that arise after a number of years. The Main Relay, Radio and A/C Control Panel circuit board solder joints crack, thus, causing issues with the car shutting off randomly, radio not working at all and your issue (respectively).

Another member recently posted an issue with his control panel. I did a quick online search for those Dorman part numbers and came across a site that refurbishes/remanufactures those control panels. You have to send in an old one for a core charge. Maybe try one of those and see if that works. If it still doesn't work, then you know for sure the mechanic didn't exactly fix your issue.

99 ULX Temp Control Panel

P0141 = Has nothing to do with your A/C issue. This is the oxygen sensor in the catalytic converter. IF you need to replace it, use Denso or NGK/NTK. Do not use Bosch as they are junk for Honda's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts