Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Any technical factory specs about the engine? I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out which engine that is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What you are looking at is a transversally mounted V6 (like on a ferrari dino, they are very similar engines.
3.0L and i actually get about 28mpg. 30k made, thus making it somewhat of a specialty car. This thing is incredible on the turns. def not a 1/4 mile car though, on the road track it has the advantage with a .29 drag coeficient and no lift.

0-60 6.9 sec
0-100 18.4 Sec
1/4 mi 15.4 sec @ 94 mph
50-70 (5th) 12.9 sec
top speed(with restrictor chip) 140 mph
braking 70-0 182 ft
skidpad 0.76g
EPA city 17 mpg
EPA highway 24 mpg
C&D fuel economy 21 mpg
HP 210 bhp @ 6300
Torque 198 ft-lb @ 5000
Weight 3480 lb

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love the look of that dash. ANd i love the seat and carpet color. Bmw has a color similar to that in the e36 m3, its gotta be one of the sexiest interior colors.

·
841 Posts
bonatto said:
thing is incredible on the turns. def not a 1/4 mile car though, on the road track it has the advantage with a .29 drag coeficient and no lift.

very interesting car...

is it really .29 drag coefficient??? The car looks kinda boxey to me, but maybe I'm used to the newer style cars. :rolleye2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Waterp7 said:
very interesting car...

is it really .29 drag coefficient??? The car looks kinda boxey to me, but maybe I'm used to the newer style cars. :rolleye2:
This alfa is incredible. Years were spent by pinifarina on designing it. Pini did the interior and exterior. After the main frame/chassis was made, it was dipped in something like a ruberrized 3m sealant. Most cars of the era had about 9ft of welding, whereas this one was done with only three feet of welded spots to minimize rust. I have coasted on hilly up and down highways for quite a long time due to its aerodinamic capabilities. It may look no aero but pini was able to do an amazing performance design with style. In my eyes this is an extremely luxurious sedan with the soul and performance of a high end sport's car. No car in the US (american market oriented) that i've ever driven has such a fine tuned suspension. THe interior shows meticulous design skills by pini and his team. The HVAC unit (center dash) is angled slightly towards the driver in order to make reach of all the functions easier for the driver while driving "Sport style". The "S" Version of this car as a bit more powerful engine (24v as oposed to 12v on the L) electronically on the fly adjustable struts and a bit sportier interior. They did ruin it by putting hiddeous sideskirts on it though :-(

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
my gf has one, it was very very unique and different. Then one day she wrecked it coming out her driveway while her mom was coming into the driveway..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
driven said:
hehe look at the lil exhaust tip, its so cute.. lol
The exhaust is not the original. Bosal cat and rear end. I'm ordering an ansa dual tip performance exhaust for it.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
bonatto said:
The exhaust is not the original. Bosal cat and rear end. I'm ordering an ansa dual tip performance exhaust for it.
i am sure that will look alot more aggressive, any pics of what that exhaust looks like on your car?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts