Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just received my oil pressure and fuel pressure gauges and am waiting on my AEM Uego Wideband A/F. I've never had one of these before and was wondering.. Where is the best place to put the sensor in the exhaust?

I've heard they can get burned out too close to the header... And I can't put it on the cat... should I just do it somewhere on the pipe after the cat and before the resonator?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Are you turbo'd or supercharged? if not, then why do you have these? You don't have substantial power that require you to monitor your A/F, oil, and fuel... Just saying.

I don't think there's any other O2 sensor hole anywhere on the exhaust system besides on the header near the flex pipe and on the cat. just put it on the cat. that's what i did long time ago. lol

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ does it matter if I have 500 hp or 20 hp? I just want to monitor it. But anyway since you ask, I'm ideally doing a supercharged k24 TSX swap (hopefully, I mean, I've got the motor and tranny waiting to bolt up).

regardless, I need a/f because I have an apexi neo currently and I wanna tune the k24a8 because its running rich while I prep the a2. after the swap it will be somewhat superfluous, because I have k-pro but you know what, the gauge is still cool no?

Plus, I have plenty of reason to have oil and fuel pressure. Reason 1 is that these gauges are not in the car to start with. With my upgraded pump, rail, injectors, and pressure regulator, it'd be nice to see what im at in the car.

then we have the whole conquering the k24a8 vtec issue. with the neo attempting to override the stock computer, I'm throwing a code for oil pressure in the vtech solenoid. either high or low, sometimes its one sometimes the other. the gauge is gonna let me monitor this... and it matches the fuel pressure so it fills the last spot

also... the point of this whole thread was to find a suggestion as to an ideal location for ANOTHER o2 sensor. obviously i know that there is one on the cat... I'm asking where to put the second one for the wideband.

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
before the cat is really close to the headers... you don't think it will burn up?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
^^ does it matter if I have 500 hp or 20 hp? I just want to monitor it. But anyway since you ask, I'm ideally doing a supercharged k24 TSX swap (hopefully, I mean, I've got the motor and tranny waiting to bolt up).

regardless, I need a/f because I have an apexi neo currently and I wanna tune the k24a8 because its running rich while I prep the a2. after the swap it will be somewhat superfluous, because I have k-pro but you know what, the gauge is still cool no?

Plus, I have plenty of reason to have oil and fuel pressure. Reason 1 is that these gauges are not in the car to start with. With my upgraded pump, rail, injectors, and pressure regulator, it'd be nice to see what im at in the car.

then we have the whole conquering the k24a8 vtec issue. with the neo attempting to override the stock computer, I'm throwing a code for oil pressure in the vtech solenoid. either high or low, sometimes its one sometimes the other. the gauge is gonna let me monitor this... and it matches the fuel pressure so it fills the last spot

also... the point of this whole thread was to find a suggestion as to an ideal location for ANOTHER o2 sensor. obviously i know that there is one on the cat... I'm asking where to put the second one for the wideband.

I know what the point of the thread is so no point in trying to get smart. also, unless you want to throw o2 codes, you're gonna have to drill another slot for the sensor for the A/F. i've had the A/F gauge just for kicks and i stuck it into my test pipe and once i pulled the original one out, it threw a code. so either make a hole, or throw codes.

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not trying to get smart, I actually thought you were.

But I truly don't understand what your saying. I am clearly aware that I need to make another hole. Thats super obvious man. I'm saying where should I make it! Thats it. I know I'd throw a code by removing the stock one... hence where should I put the second one...

I think we just misunderstood each other. I dont even kno...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
probably. no biggie though. all good

well, just put it on the other side of the cat or test pipe (if you have the guts to have one lol ) and call it a day.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Does the sensor manufacturer have a specific recommendation for its location?

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ nope. AEM Uego.

oh and I had a test pipe.. super annoying noise with the Skunk 2 muffler.. literally couldnt handle it got a high flow cat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts