Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dom (the guy i work with) was approached by a friend of a previous customer for a project a little different from our normal installs....

the vehicle: :D

he wanted 4 6x9s rearward facing, with 2 6.5s firing down, 3 lights on the front, 3 on the rear, and a dome light on the bottom. First we make a frame, a little jigsaw works, a little router work, and we get:

Next, we wrap the backbone with fleece and soak the fleece in resin. some supports hold the 6.5 rings off the backbone, while another holds the mounting piece for the dome light, and yet some more hold the mounts that will hold it to the boat. when the resin is dry, we can knock out the supports and then have:

so then we reinforce from the inside, a few more layers of glass, put a wall down the middle to separate left from right (since he'll probably be running stereo channels to the box) some filler on the outside, some sanding, a little elbow grease, and then we put the lights on the box:

he's going to be painting it, and putting his speakers in and wiring it himself, all he wanted us to do was build the box. we got the hangars from a diy boating site Dom found, and they're solid. I'm not a huge fan of the lights on the box, i think they'd be better on the bar, but he wanted them on the box, so thats what he gets :D

just thought i'd share our little 4 day project :D it shouldnt have taken so long, but we didnt get started till around 2 each day, and had to quit by 9 on monday, 4:30 on tuesday, and 9 on wednesday. then i had to drive back to SB, and Dom finished the box himself thursday. the owner will be picking up the boat in a day or two :)

·
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
6,808 Posts
NexsoN said:
implayaz, lol still looking.

DIY man!
lo.. yea.. i actually got my system already installed .. its just that i need to get few things added to make it sound better.. i have a box kinda big but is doable as of know..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts