Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get this part for cheap? The stealership wants $1100, and the cheapest used I found was around $200 shipped with a 60 day warranty. They also provide a 6 month warranty for an additional 15%, but I'm not sure if that is worth it. Any opinions on the warranty? I have 3.0 ex coupe MT. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Also had to replace mine as well at 110k miles. got mine used from junkyard for 100$. I found it on eBay.. I'm assuming you also searched car-part.com as well? Mine had no warranty,still good at 135k. I also try to flush my brake fluid once per year to stop corrosion.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I checked car-part, but could not find the part under anti lock brake computer.

I am getting the TCS and triangle/exclamation lights. Did you have the same lights on jdwilson4?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you check your brake pedal sensor?
I replaced that sensor a couple years ago, when I had similar problems. It ended up being the brake master cylinder then.

what code(s) were in the abs/tcs computer? did you have them pulled?
I did not have the codes pulled. The shop I took it to said it was the tcs computer that needed replacing, but they didn't really seem like they knew what they were talking about. He wasn't sure if the abs module had to be re-programed. He said he would charge me $85 to install the abs module not include programming (which he said may cost up to $200). I'm thinking of taking it to the dealership to get diagnosed properly. Then get it fixed elsewhere. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I replaced that sensor a couple years ago, when I had similar problems. It ended up being the brake master cylinder then.

I did not have the codes pulled. The shop I took it to said it was the tcs computer that needed replacing, but they didn't really seem like they knew what they were talking about. He wasn't sure if the abs module had to be re-programed. He said he would charge me $85 to install the abs module not include programming (which he said may cost up to $200). I'm thinking of taking it to the dealership to get diagnosed properly. Then get it fixed elsewhere. Any thoughts?
sounds like a good idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts