Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ac is blowing hit air, I remember that there is a valve in the engine bay that could be stuck on the warm side. Can anyone direct to what it looks like?

·
Registered
9 Posts
the AC is blowing warm or HOT ? also if you turn the AC off is it still warm or hot ?

the valve you're looking for is gonna be right up against the firewall if you follow the heater core hoses, to verify if its working have someone turn the car to the ON position without starting the motor while you look at the valve, then have that person turn the nob from all the way cold to all the way hot, you should see the valve rotate which is opening or closing to allow the coolant to flow.

after you verify the valve is working correctly you should check if your AC needs a recharge if its blowing WARM AKA no change in temperature with AC on or off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have the A/C recharged with freon and a dye. Atleast the mechanic will be able to detect if your a/c hose needs to be replaced due to a leak.

It could also be your air-mix motor. For me, the air-mix motor made a clunking sound that got louder each day..for about a week..until one day i diagnosed the issue and disconnected the power to it. Lucky for me the air mix motor died when the thermostat was set to cold. If I need heat, I need to replace my motor. Maybe yours could be stuck on the warm side, and that's why you're not getting any cold air.

·
Registered
59 Posts
my a/c crapped out a few years back. I tried adding a can of freon with no luck. Turned out being the relay for the a/c clutch located in the fuse box under the hood. Easy to check cuz there are like 2 or 3 relays that are the same so you can switch them around to find out if one is bad. Cost me like $6 at Advance and has been working fine since...

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread really helped me a lot and cleared many doubts i was having while dealing with ac unit. Now i can easily do air conditioner repair on my own. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts