Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC is not working. It is blowing warm outside tempeture air.

- AC condensor seems to work fine. I can hear it turn on and off, when i press that AC button.
- I bought AC refrigerent from Schuck's and filled it up to recommended level. I bought one with pressure gauge.
- I actually release the pressure down to 0 and refilled it.
- Still blows warm air. Pressure level stays same and does not leak.

Could it be the coolant? Do i need to buy some coolant and bring it up to max. level?? I am not sure how old the coolant is, but could it be the old coolant not doing its job?

Thanks

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
If it isn't what Plum suggested, it might be the compressor :eek: That's the only other possibility that I can think of.

What you hear kicking on and off when you push the A/C button is the condenser cooling fan. That fan will still come on even if your compressor is dead.

If it is the compressor, the repair won't be cheap :( You could probably find a remanufactured one for a fraction of the price of a new one. That will lessen the load on your wallet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Im having the same probs right now...1st i changed my high pressure hose, then my reciever/catch can..that lil round silver can behind the front bumper...then after doin a search thread..the a/c expansion valve is prolly whats giving you the warm air..if you have no freon, your compressor should automatically lock up so wit wont get damaged...if you say your condensor fan is workin..then that means the exp valve is bad...good luck..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts