Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a mechanic install RALCO RZ under drive pulley set on my car. Its leaking little oil from front crank seal whenever i drive it then park. Should I go back to stock pulley? and OEM Seal? Also there was a small v cut on the pulley.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed a ralco rz (oem size) pulley on my accord and I did not have these issues. At the same time I also did the timing bet, and replaced multiple tensioners. If all he did was the pulley, he did not remove the time belt cover. This leads me to believe it is either a bad crank seal, or maybe the timing cover seal. The latter can be reused but when I was working with it, it was pretty worn. So any slight **** can rip it but as mentioned earlier, to get acces to that you need to remove the cover which i doubt he did. You should also ask if he put on the pulley at the recommended torque spec or close to it as well just for security measures. As far as the small v cut, this seems odd. I know the pulley has 3 dashes on it, like the oem, to set it in proper timing but not sure what you mean by v cut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts