Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 3" Catback that was in the classifieds for awhile, well worth the $.

Here's the exhaust installed / polished up.

Video:

Super quiet, looks very subtle and from what I can tell .. gives GREAT gains.

Top end power is insane, I feel I got at least 10-12whp and torque all over the power band. I will dyno it soon to see where my car is at.

Mods are in signature.

Specs of the exhaust:

Custom 3.5" Tips
Large magnaflow resonator, don't know the size.
Vibrant Mufflers
3" piping

Enjoy, + / - comments welcomed!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Do you still have pre-cats?
What version RV6 j-pipe?
What size is the piping after the y-pipe and into the dual muffler?

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Pictures of the piping bends, welds, and material specifications. Including the welding material (SS, or something less). Pictuer from the back to show ground clearance.

Who built the setup? Someone on the forum.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here's pictures from the original for sale thread.

3.5" piping, Vibrant mufflers and 3.5" tips.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you still have pre-cats?
What version RV6 j-pipe?
What size is the piping after the y-pipe and into the dual muffler?
No precats, car is 7 years old with 104,000 miles .. don't want to deal with swapping parts when it comes time for smog. I have the original RV6 V1 J-pipe, got it dirt cheap from the classifieds.

Piping 3" all the way through the catback.

Pictures of the piping bends, welds, and material specifications. Including the welding material (SS, or something less). Pictuer from the back to show ground clearance.

Who built the setup? Someone on the forum.
Here's the original FS thread.

The catback looks like it's made pretty well.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/classifieds/210763-pcds-3inch-catback.html

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Catback looks great! I believe the 'resonator' in the middle is 5x8x24in, at least it looks like that. It deadens the sound very well @960cu in. That is what I should've went for instead of the 6in round x 30in (848cu in).

I'm glad you got a catback! It probably makes the car feel much better up top as you said. How does it feel down low? Bahhhhhhhhhhhh @ smog. Just go to a shop that will do it regardless. I'm sure you can find one. You're leaving 10+whp on the table :p And with that resonator, honestly you'll have 0 rasp and really just have that DEEP catless sound. I had no rasp with my setup, and those Vibrant mufflers are slightly bigger than mine. Although I bought Vibrant mufflers as well, I don't think I'm gonna need them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Catback looks great! I believe the 'resonator' in the middle is 5x8x24in, at least it looks like that. It deadens the sound very well @960cu in. That is what I should've went for instead of the 6in round x 30in (848cu in).

I'm glad you got a catback! It probably makes the car feel much better up top as you said. How does it feel down low? Bahhhhhhhhhhhh @ smog. Just go to a shop that will do it regardless. I'm sure you can find one. You're leaving 10+whp on the table :p And with that resonator, honestly you'll have 0 rasp and really just have that DEEP catless sound. I had no rasp with my setup, and those Vibrant mufflers are slightly bigger than mine. Although I bought Vibrant mufflers as well, I don't think I'm gonna need them.
Thanks Sonnick! 3" exhausts ftmfw!

Yeah, smog is a PITA and I like having all that low end as this is my daily driver. The torque is probably my favorite part about adding this catback, it makes driving from 2000-3000rpm effortless.

I'll be running an AP1 S2000 tonight and let you know how it goes .. :cool:

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Make sure your shifts are on point! Is the AP1 modded? Even if it is, you could come out with a win with your setup. Any chance on a video? :) :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Make sure your shifts are on point! Is the AP1 modded? Even if it is, you could come out with a win with your setup. Any chance on a video? :) :D
I've been feeling super comfortable with my car as of late, I think I will drive OK. :D

I think his S2000 is stock .. and I have a feeling I may pull him a little bit.

I'm asking him if we can get a 3rd car to record the video.

Yes, please record a vid. Will be appreciated lol
Hopefully a 3rd car will be able to film it .. we're both MT and I don't feel it's safe holding a camera while doing near triple digit speeds haha.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I've been feeling super comfortable with my car as of late, I think I will drive OK. :D
I think his S2000 is stock .. and I have a feeling I may pull him a little bit.

I'm asking him if we can get a 3rd car to record the video.

Hopefully a 3rd car will be able to film it .. we're both MT and I don't feel it's safe holding a camera while doing near triple digit speeds haha.
:up: ;)

I hope you don't think I was questioning your driving ability :( I didn't mean it to come across like that if it did.

If he's stock you should have no problem pulling.

Passenger FTW.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:up: ;)

I hope you don't think I was questioning your driving ability :( I didn't mean it to come across like that if it did.

If he's stock you should have no problem pulling.

Passenger FTW.
Oh don't worry, you didn't come off like that at all. I am human and have definitely made mistakes / had driver error in the past :D.

Yeah, I feel like my car is making at least 240whp and it pulls like a freight train up top.

He might have an advantage on me from a dig .. we'll see.

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
I didn't think our cars would pull on an S2k?
Is our car the fastest Honda stock out of the factory?!
Stock for stock yes (ap1), but ap2 is a different ball park. I ran an ap1 with gears and boltons, still gave him the pull with intake and exhaust. But then again about ap2, I have never ran 1 that was stock. I always ran them with the works (full boltons, tune, etc) About the fastest from factory I would say A mugen RR civic si. Fastest from factory back then was nsx

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Like I've said before, I had the chance to run 1 AP2. It was from a dig. I've said before he was stock but he actually had a test pipe, but he had his 100lb girlfriend in the car, so I figured they offset each other lol. Our launches were similar, 1st and 2nd were pretty even. I may have pulled 1/2 car to the top of 2nd. Mid 3rd I started walking away. After shifting to 4th and staying on it until 100 I was about ~3 cars ahead.

The AP2s are faster than the AP1s. Not by all that much, but enough of a margin to make a difference.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No vids .. but I got a story!

I was shocked because he decided to add a loud / single exit exhaust right before the race . Made the race more exciting for sure.

We did about 3 races.

45-100: We both started in 2nd, after 3 honks we were off and the Accord seemed to pull ever so slightly in 2nd. As I shifted into third, my car kind of struggled to put power down after I saw VSA flashing . The S2000 slowed the pull but as soon as my car regained it's stride in 3rd, I started inching forward and ended up about 3/4 of a car ahead.

50-100: Identical result.

70-110: I knew my car would have the advantage in 3rd gear because it seems J / 6MTs have great top end into 4th. I was probably 1.5 car lengths when we both let off.

Races were good and safe!

Mods in sig.

Great race.

·
A Registered User, I am
416 Posts
The sound is awesome!

Edit: IF it's possible, can you take a pic of the are where the middle resonator sits. Im really curious of how it fits underneath the narrow space. I tried to fit a similar dimension resonator but wasn't able to. I ended opting for the 30" round resonator from magnaflow. Any pics would help a lot. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts