Anyone add an iPod to their stock radio. I want to know:
1. How do you like it?
2. Is it easy to use?
3. Is it hard to install?
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just finished my install today. Tomorrow i gotta put my console back together. The install is a piece of cake with the right parts. All you need is a couple of nice screwdrivers and a wire coathanger. It sounds great (using the soundgate adapter and all gold interconnects) and IMO is WELL worth the ~$140 i invested. The ipod itself is very easy to use. The installation was a lot easier than i expected. Take a look here for a GREAT walkthrough that made it very easy: http://distantcreations.com/accordipod/ . so in short:

1)i love it
2)very easy to use
3)easy to install if you know what to expect

One thing that website doesnt mention. Easiest way to get the center storage unit out is to tape it shut on the bottom (maskin tape) and use a hook (like the wire coat hanger) to pull it out from above.

·
Registered
755 Posts
^^^ well said :D

i suggest you invest in dension's ice-link. it's the exact same install as the soundgate.
it give you control of the ipod via the steering wheel control. (previous and next songs, fast forward) it also charges the ipod. turn it off when you turn off the car.
do a search for ice-link, dension or visit ipodlounge.com they have a good review of the icelink.

i posted some pix of my setup with the ipod in the center console bin.
do a search on that also. :) search is good

if you have any question on the install just pm me.
always glad to help another ipod'er

·
Registered
41 Posts
BTW, that website also has you pull the wires and stuff out into the footwell. However, there is PLENTY of room under the center console storage thing to just stick 'em all in there. That's what i did. Ziptie everything together (for me it was the soundgate, a ground loop isolator, and a bunch of wires) and put it off to the left in the center thing, just under where that storage bin goes. My car looks 100% stock until you open up the armrest and see the wire coming out for my ipod.

·
Registered
113 Posts
is there any way possible for the 04 accord with xm, to have an ipod control AND still have XM?? this question has poped up before but there has been no definate answer as to wether it can be done or not. some say that you do it the same way as if you had navigation, but i dunno?

thanks
JoE

99accordJoE
04accordJoE

·
Registered
41 Posts
As far as i understand, you have to unplug your XM from the aux input on the back of the head unit to plug in the ipod's adapter. I can see why this is so, because there is only one aux input free back there (i don't have the XM). The guy who authored that website i linked a couple posts ago had to unplug his XM to install his ipod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts