Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 AV6 with around 108k miles on it. I've been thinking about how much longer my car will be running and if it's worth it to continue modding or not. Anyone ever ran their accord till it died? I know i'll have to replace tranny again, probably soon, and i know i'll definately have to replace the alternator (still stock)...Anyone know what an accord's life expectancy is roughly?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Depends on how the car is right now. How's the transmission?? All 98-02 accords with auto are known for their crappy trannies. If yours is not jerking, downshifting, or making craking noises, than u are one of the lucky ones. The engines however, should last long enought to reach about 200k-250k miles or even more, i just said these numbers cuz i've seen accords with this high milage. My cousin's accord had 224k before he sold it, and it was freaking good to tell you the truth, of course he was on his 3rd tranny.

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im on my second tranny now, but i expect i'll have to replace it sooner or later. Overall, my car is in good condition now, but im so scared to put all this money into it..and it just decide to completely die in the near future...

·
Registered
655 Posts
You shouldn't worry about that, just make sure you follow up the maintenance schedule, and flush the tranny at least every 30k miles. The hell with what the manual says, I did mine about a month ago at 57k and it was DIRTY.

·
Registered
662 Posts
98 coupe at 111K and running well(never replaced tranny), my moms 92 accord ran well till this yr when she sold it(tranny started to slip finally, first tranny), she had around 190K.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
75k miles on my accord, runs fine. Only replaced oil pan because drain plug threading sucked. Mines modded to hell.

·
Registered
249 Posts
120k bought it with 103. Tranny is fine. Replaced fuel pump relay and power steering pump.
The weirdest thing though...I had my drivers side door latch freez up and cost me 318 to get it fixed. Other than that I love it and will continue to mod it. I run mobile 1 full synthetic, slick 50 in tranny, and K&N oil filter. B&M tranny cooler.

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
i think i should get a cookie or something

my 2000 AV6 has 23,700 miles on it :D

i have couple of members who saw my car at the meet who can vouch this for me.

Westmac, dinzdale,etc.

PS: my car is a daily-driver not some fookin garage queen :D

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
Forget this tranny sh1t.

I had 30k HARD MILES, i mean HARSH. Redline at least 5 times per day, in vtec
at least 10 times per day. Tranny was holding good. Until it got totalled.
that was 02 ex av6 btw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
23k in 5 yrs, wow, all hwy miles I bet :)
my mother has a volvo 960 95 with 71k miles, drives 2.4 miles each way to mall. her longest drive. good thing volvo puts in synthetic oil.
60k miles a year average, thats with me driving rental car 4 days a week.
i cry like a 2 yr old when I calculate how much I have spend in gas.

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
stockrex said:
i cry like a 2 yr old when I calculate how much I have spend in gas.

Lately, I think we're all doing that :bawling:

·
Registered
1 Posts
makes me not want a 98-02 now but i want one badly im gettin one soon probably but ne ways i have a 92 accord ex right now with 216K still runs great never had any problems with it knock on wood

·
Banned
86 Posts
129k on first tranny....

shift fine.... SYNCROMESH is the best **** ever

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
just for a reference... my good frined has a 89 accord with 298,000 miles on his odometer... granted his AC/ Power Steering/ Flip on Headlight, 1/2 the interior lights doesn't work

Running on original engine and tranny...

Though it may not be a 6th gen, that shows how durable the accords are since back then. So it only gets better.

·
Registered
307 Posts
felty04 said:
makes me not want a 98-02 now but i want one badly im gettin one soon probably but ne ways i have a 92 accord ex right now with 216K still runs great never had any problems with it knock on wood
Screw it! don't worry about all the bad tranny horror stories......just make sure that you get a certified accord, from a dealer.......that way you get a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. That's what I did.

I dare my tranny to go out on me! LOL

Actually, I hope it does.......I'm going to tell them to slap a manual tranny in there for me instead of the auto! Is that even possible? :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts