Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading alot of posts about it, but I didnt come across one that said without a doubt that it could be done or not?

Has anyone on here successfully mated a V6 Accord tranny to a 97 Acura CL v6?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hammer03 said:
i cant figure out why you'd want to, unless you wanted a 4 speed unreliable tranny. didnt the acuras come with a 5speed auto?

no, they come witha super unreliable 4 speed auto. I was just wondering if i could us an accord tranny due to them being easier to find than a 97 specific Acura tranny.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if its possible, but I say the honda tranny is more reliable than the Acura one.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
something about the sensors changed in the 98-99 model CL's so the only option that I know of is getting another 97 model specific tranny. Unless anyone knows of one that will swap out well.......:fingers crossed: that someone on this board has done it, lol.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I know one guy that installed transmission of 98 CL 3.0 into 99 AV6, and if I remember correctly there was one problem, shift interlock shaft on transmission didn’t quite match to interlock assembly of AV6. He had to modify it to make fit. Other than that it fitted without any other problem, and I have seen that car driving around, so I guess CL transmission works fine in 6gen AV6.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the 97-98-99 cl's trannies are all different in thier own way. the 97's have a seperate vss. the 98 has different valve bodies, and shift detent arm inside. but it will work with a 99 car. the 99 will also work with either the 98 or 99 even tho it is different.

the accord trannies have the same exact setup as the 98 except the main shaft inside is a little longer, making the end cap (most drivers side part of the tranny) is about 1/2 " thicker. it is identical to the cl's tranny on the outside in every other way. to include the sensors, which have different p/n's from honda to acura but are crossed referenced to be a good suitable sub for each other.

has any one ever done the 01+ cl tranny recall on a 98-00 accord tranny.. im just curious if this will extednd the life of the tranny like its supposed to on the 01+ cl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts