Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one automatic climate control unit for 2000 Accord V6 sitting at home collecting dust (I think it will fit all 1998-2001 models, 2002 look a bit different but might fit as well).

I bought it to swap out my manual unit in my 4cyl Accord but I never made it work.
Reason: different connectors in the back + 4cyl is missing temperature sensors so 4cyl owners beware - it's not easy to make it work.

So now that I sold my 6gen I most definitely will not need this unit anymore.
Bought it off ebay for $150 (Honda price is like $300+) but am willing to get rid of it for $100 shipped (in US).
Here are some pics:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well - it's from EX V6. If you have LX V6, you might wanna check your connectors and if your car came pre-wired with temp. sensors because othervise it's a pain to make it work.

You would have to get a wiring scheme (let's say one of the Honda service manuals) + 2 temperature sensors, one for the outside temp. and another for the inside temp plus maybe some other parts I'm not even aware of.
The guy that sold it to me basically screwed me up because he said it would work with 4cyl as well (obviously not out of the box).

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
This unit will work for EX V6 models. The others are still a mystery because you might have to get all the interior wiring for the A/C system. Also need the two sensors, the interior temp sensor next to the steering wheel (little plastic vent on dash) and the sun sensor on the top front of the dash.

I think there is a third one inside the inlet duct (vent feature) to tell the outside temp. The info on it mentions the A/C comparing the inside temp to the outside temp and adjusting accordingly.

IMO I suggest only selling this to someone with a 98-00 EX V6. 01 and 02 models have a different look and might not fit. It is a good replacement for anyone that may have broken there’s :p .

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, right on the nail Plum. I wasn't sure about 2001 but 2002 I know look different, actually the plastic center console cover is different - older models looked better!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts