Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew how our cars would handle nitrous. I have an 04 Accord v6 6spd with just SRI, test pip and 2.5" pipe from testpipe to mufflers. I have been told to run wet shot instead of dry shot. im trying to learn more of it. any info would be great and how many shot would be descent? Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ive been running a zex setup for a year now started at a 55hp shot, then 65, then stopped at 75hp due to u need to add fuel after that.ive never had any issues at all.i use it at the track only tho.but no detnation, knocking or anything.tell u the truth runs really good with nitrous.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really :) that's what I wanted to hear :) do you think you can make a list of the complete components I would need for a 55-65 shot please or what you are running? What kind of mods do you have other than nitrous and is it wet shot?
ive been running a zex setup for a year now started at a 55hp shot, then 65, then stopped at 75hp due to u need to add fuel after that.ive never had any issues at all.i use it at the track only tho.but no detnation, knocking or anything.tell u the truth runs really good with nitrous.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question. Do you guys know what size injectors we have and fuel pump? Thanks

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
What ET/trap are you doing at the track? Do you have before/after runs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe you can help me, I have a 2007 accord sedan w/ 6 spd m/t. I need to find a turbo for this car. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another question. Do you guys know what size injectors we have and fuel pump? Thanks

our injectors are 270cc and i dunno about the pump size, but if honda kept the same pumps they have had for years it is around 180.

a walboro 255 would be a good idea, but you don't need to upgrade injectors. a wet shot brings its own fuel. just jet it for whatever size hit you want and go. i have found that the NOS (brand) jet sizes tend to be on the rich side which is good because unless you have a way to pull timing you will need the extra fuel to best avoid detonation. (2 degrees per 50hp of nitrous is the general starting point)

I would look into ditching the factory headbolts in favor of some ARP studs if you are looking at any decent sized hit (100+)
I know ARP does not offer any j series kits, but our bolts are the same size as 8 of the 10 bolts used in a h23, so i do not see why 2 h23 kits would not work.

i had a 160 direct port setup on my built turbo civic and it was a blast! while it lasted haha

·
-Allin-
755 Posts
Whatever you decide to do, don't buy a dry kit. 75 shot is about the highest you can run. If you want your nitrous to be more consistent, I would recommend getting a window switch so it'll only spray at a certain RPM.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have never sprayed a honda but I have sprayed everything else.

Dont be afraid of a dry shot as long as the injectors and pump can supply enough fuel. The vac. setup that comes on dry kits has a fuel jet in it that you can change to increase fuel pressure. With a good wide band you can see whats going on.

With that said I personally would run a wet kit. All wet kit no matter who makes it is usually setup rich. Its so you have some for of safety!! Dont misunderstand that though. Nitrous comes down to having enough fuel to supply for nitrous and enough timing removed so you dont dentonate.

I would suggest:

a good wide band AEM quality!! WOT {11.7-12:00} no more then a foot from motor and pre cats.
will need copper core plugs
255lph pump
window switch!!
if you gonna spray much over 75 shot a retard box
bottle warmer
nitrous gauge!! {and its not full and empty.. its pressure}

From all the power adders I have played with nitrous is the more relible one I have seen on the street and personal use.
But like anything else if not used right!! BOOM!!

·
-Allin-
755 Posts
BTW I think they discontinued window switches. They came up with this new electronic adapter to were it sprays a certain amount of jet on different gears...

·
Registered
160 Posts
well last year i was running 14.6 with an intake, vafac2 controller,and decent tires.i also had a slipping clutch.but anyways when i added nitrous with a 75shot i was running 13.6 was my time in 1/4 mile.keep in mind not so good traction and really bad clutch after running nitrous.so this past winter i port and polished intake and runners, new spec stage 2+ clutch set up, and drag radials.i just hit my 500 miles today for brake in.i will run no nitrous this thurday at the track just to still play it safe.but ill keep you up on update with times.there is no need for any fuel upgrades as long as you dont go above 75shot. the car loves that amount so i will never probley go past that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dang. Thanks everyone for their input. I am going nitrous for sure now and im going to start at a 55 shot since im new to this still.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 56 Posts