Accord V6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that there aren't that many V6's out there (anywhere in our price range) that can take our V6 6MT. All I have is intake and exaust and I try to find a worthy NA V6. I've raced my buddie's 350z and we are dead even, he gets more bottem end torque but i get back even with him when VTEC engauges. Ive raced the new V6 mustangs and thats a joke, the only one that is worth racing is the GT. Ive raced and beat a 3000GT by about 2 cars. One of the only NA cars I believe that can put a good one on us is an M3 (around $40,000 or better) any one have any ideas? Im open for discussion, this has been something that has been on my mind lately.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
M3? A BMW M3? Holy Christ dude. It's a FWD Honda Accord, cut the fanboyism and the street racing. No one in their right mind bought an Accord over a 350Z for it's superior performance.

It's a quick car, but it's not fast, and not especially fun compared to those cars :) Try out autocross and driving some seriously fast RWD cars, it'll change your perspective on cars.

·
Street Brawler
523 Posts
Dude, I like our cars too, but you've got to be kidding. Stock for stock a 7th gen accord will either lose or just hang with most of the newer gen rivals. A 350z will beat us, the new camry beats us, the new g35's/g37's and altima's beat us. Now it's not a huge difference between all these cars, and most of the time it's a driver's race, but I wouldn't be walking around saying there's hardly any v6's out there that can take us. And you must have went up against a base model 3000gt because some of the higher ones are pretty quick. Oh and just so you know, you can get an e46 M3 for about $25k.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not saying the v6 accord is unbeatable. obviously a 350 is built for performance and our cars are built for something completly different. Im basing this from actual experience if cars ive ran with. I cant stand when you bring up a topic on these forums and closed minded people always have to bash the post to prove some kind of superior knowledge. Like i said im open for discussion but dont post up here and be ignorant because any idiot knows a 350z is built for performance and i know this. im no amature street racer ive been doing this for a while (refer to my previous posts, 450whp gsr integra was my car right before this)I was just pretty amazed of the outcome from some cars ive gone up againsed and asking other peoples input who own the same car (not to come in here and say "your stupid")after all isent that why there are forums, so that people with the same cars can discuss random topics, let me know if im wrong.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Beat an 8th gen V6, auto near UCF. The blond chick in a white one obviously was a sucker. She wanted me again at the next light, and I toasted her again by 2 car lengths b4 I let off at 100 mph. Also took on a maroon 2003 Mach 1 mustang. I didn't know we were going until I heard him gun it after 20 mph. We were like neck and neck b4 I let off at 80 mph, an he had this stupid look on his face like what an accord keeping up. I was laughing as he stared back. Would of raced him again but congested traffic was ahead. Maybe next time...I have some performance mods and redid the suspension. I think I'm sitting at 285 hp, maybe 300 hp w/a tune. Can't wait for my SC this Xmas.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hey citius, the enjoyment you are getting out of your ride is the same surprise that others have when going up against the 7th gen. It's a quick car for the quasi-performance bracket. However, don't get to cocky, for most of the current NA V6's from Toyota and Nissan got us beat. That VQ motor from Nissan is king, and that new 3.5L from Toyota is nothing to laugh at (assuming they got that tranny problem fixed). Also don't forget that the Nissan camp has got mad aftermarket compared to us.
I had to realize that there's always going to be someone with a faster (more expensive) ride than mine; so I got what I could afford.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
I've noticed that there aren't that many V6's out there (anywhere in our price range) that can take our V6 6MT. All I have is intake and exaust and I try to find a worthy NA V6. I've raced my buddie's 350z and we are dead even, he gets more bottem end torque but i get back even with him when VTEC engauges. Ive raced the new V6 mustangs and thats a joke, the only one that is worth racing is the GT. Ive raced and beat a 3000GT by about 2 cars. One of the only NA cars I believe that can put a good one on us is an M3 (around $40,000 or better) any one have any ideas? Im open for discussion, this has been something that has been on my mind lately.
Porsche 911 GT3. 415HP from 6 Cylinders...Can you beat that? :spit:

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
Im not saying the v6 accord is unbeatable. obviously a 350 is built for performance and our cars are built for something completly different. Im basing this from actual experience if cars ive ran with. I cant stand when you bring up a topic on these forums and closed minded people always have to bash the post to prove some kind of superior knowledge. Like i said im open for discussion but dont post up here and be ignorant because any idiot knows a 350z is built for performance and i know this. im no amature street racer ive been doing this for a while (refer to my previous posts, 450whp gsr integra was my car right before this)I was just pretty amazed of the outcome from some cars ive gone up againsed and asking other peoples input who own the same car (not to come in here and say "your stupid")after all isent that why there are forums, so that people with the same cars can discuss random topics, let me know if im wrong.

Go get a ride in one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nP_sAfkl8Q

You'll realize how much of a FWD pig your car is very quickly :)

Did you really just insinuate that you're a 'professional' street racer? No one is being ignorant but you if you're going to call the Honda Accord the "champ" after racing a V6 mustang and the 220HP (or 160...), 3800lb land yacht that is the 3800GT (non-VR4).

·
Registered
363 Posts
i would like to know what mods you have that you think you are putting down 285-300hp.

Beat an 8th gen V6, auto near UCF. The blond chick in a white one obviously was a sucker. She wanted me again at the next light, and I toasted her again by 2 car lengths b4 I let off at 100 mph. Also took on a maroon 2003 Mach 1 mustang. I didn't know we were going until I heard him gun it after 20 mph. We were like neck and neck b4 I let off at 80 mph, an he had this stupid look on his face like what an accord keeping up. I was laughing as he stared back. Would of raced him again but congested traffic was ahead. Maybe next time...I have some performance mods and redid the suspension. I think I'm sitting at 285 hp, maybe 300 hp w/a tune. Can't wait for my SC this Xmas.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
I wouldn't say there aren't many V6s that can't beat us, but it is fun to take on a car that most think is faster than our 7th gens. I've beaten two G35s on a highway pull on two different occasions. I don't think it would be the same story with a G37, an E46 M3 or a newer 350Z. I think our Accords are great cars but realistically we're pretty much in the middle of the pack when it comes to the other performance cars out there unless your supercharged.

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
There is NO such thing as a professional street racer. If you race on the street, you will always be amateur. Period. Race it at the track. Then call yourself a pro.

As for the Accord V6, yeah, its pretty decent car. Very fun to drive, sporty, sort of quick, and it has some OK top end. But a speed champion? I took mine to the track a few weeks ago and couldn't put down better than a 14.6 stock. Thats just OK. I know there are other cars that can beat it.

I love the enthusiasm though. Just tone it down a little :)

·
AccordingToSean
874 Posts
I cant wait to hit up UCF in a couple of days... the street racing theme seems to be huge up there, up for orientation and i swear i saw on every other a coffee can muffler slapped on there

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
i love my v6 6-speed too but a dude in a badazz integra hung with my azz on the freeway the other day. i'm also seeing a lot of GTOs and Mustang Cobras on the road and i'm thinking to myself those rides are faster than mine. a Ford SVT Lighting took me down. i think my car is fast but there are so many more badazz ridez out there.

·
方法について&#
664 Posts
lol M3 vs AV6? i got both...M3 would be 3 blocks ahead by the time your just getting out of first gear.

one car that actually is a pain in the ass to beat (driving E46 M3)is the new IS350 not the IS-F. the IS350 is one of the hardest cars to beat on the highway yet they'er all in AUTO trans!

1 - 20 of 524 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.