Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1086 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I decided to get a base Dyno being I have incoming parts (Pauls DTB IM, Ported Runner, 5" SRI) and truly wanted to show the gains attributed to them.

Well I went and got one today and was shocked by the numbers.... and not in a good way. I'll let the chart speak for itself.

DYNO COMPARISON POST #120

Engine Mods when Dyoned
- Stock Dia. Light weight Pulley
- Cheap Autozone 3" Sri w/Spectre Cone
- Full size (1.6") IM spacer w/thermal gasket
- TB spacer w/dual thermal gaskets
- TB coolant bypass
- xlr8 J-Pipe
- New Clutch and Fly just put in (4 days ago, doesn't really count but is critical to performance).

Current Mods - Updated 9/9/14 (First Mod on 5/1/12, Autozone SRI, lol, after that I was Hooked!!)
Engine
- DTB IM
- Dual 3" intake to single 5" w/8" K&N Cone
- 3.7 Heads (decked for compression, ported, valve job)
- 3.7 Ported Runners
- 08' RL Cams
- TL-S valve springs
- Hondata Flash Pro (TL ECU, Adapter Harness)
- Zex 100 shot Wet Kit, Remote Bottle opener, Bottle pressure gauage, bottle heater
- UD Lightweight Pulley
- 3" Velocity Stack
- RV6 V3 PCD's (ceramic coated)
- XLR8 V2 J-Pipe
- 2.5" Tsudo Cat back Exhaust (Tsudo and Vibrant Resonators)
- TB Coolant bypass
- P2R IM Thermal Gasket
- Invovative 75a Motor mounts
- CVD
- Amsoil Sycormesh Transfluid
- Oil Catch Can, with inline filter

Other Mods
- 20 way adjustable coilovers
- Rota Torques - 17x9
- Federal Evo's 235-45 - Mickey Thompsons Street Comps 235-45
- Comptech Short Shifter
- TLS 20mm rear sway bar
- Corsport Aluminum Shifter Cable Bushings
- Ingalls Rear Camber Kit
- Cross Drilled Slotted Rotors, Zinc platted
- Glowshift Tach light
- TL Trans Mount, poly filled
- LCA, poly filled
- AEM UEGO WIDEBAND
- Coilovers
- Hydro dipped Carbon Fiber GPS in dash piece (custom)
- Hydro dipped cluster bezel

Pure Aesthetic mods
- Black Housing Headlights
- 8k HIDs
- Carbon Fiber Shifter
- Cheap Stick on front lip
- Honda Carbon Fiber Rear Emblem
- V6 Badge- Relocated to front Right corner of hood
- 03-05 Asain Grill (Modded to fit coupe)
- 03-05 Aftermarket front lip
- custom 7.5 Gen Trunk spoiler

*Dyno Note*
Hot as Hell (see chart), heat soaked from driving 50 miles and guy letting the engine run for 15+min while talking to other people , have ****ty Bosch Platinum Plugs in currently (dumb, I know, they will be gone soon). It's seem that there was a slight drop off when Vtec engaged, yes ? The Curve also looks to drop off early around 6,200 rpm

CURRENT NUMBERS N/A = 270.57whp/2xx.xxwtq

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
damn heart break dyno? Maybe you should get some ported heads.

·
Slammed & Stunning
3,496 Posts
Why weren't the plugs changed with the clutch?
Also it's not wise to beat up on your new clutch only 4 days after.

But yea that is a very low number.
You have me worried.
But I'm sure the heatstroke definitely played a factor

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that the clutch shouldn't be beat on this early. I have 350 miles since the Clutch change and did 3 pulls...that's it.

Everyone was reading low. It was almost 100 degrees out. My friends Acura CL-S dynoed at 268 hp a week earlier and only got 254 hp today. He also just added the 3.7 IM , he definitely should of seen some gain from that. They were reading low all across the board :( I was still hoping for more. Shouldn't be a huge issue but I need an oil change also.

HEAVILY MODDED RSX pulled 445 hp and 420 tq !!!!!! Thing was screaming. I think he had a 72mm or 75 mm Turbo on it. I'll post vid. later.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Numbers look fine. The only real mod(s) you have is the XLR8 Jpipe and pulley. What correction factor was this? If STD, your SAE numbers should be a bit higher. What numbers were you expecting?

Reactions: T1Invince

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
The plugs are hurting your numbers, the SRI is not helping at all. The IM spacer, being the full 1.6in hurts your top end from 6200-6800(per cubanobs before and after dyno) but def helps power before that. That is why you see the drop off in the high RPM. I am sure though a huge factor is heat soak. With it being 99 degrees and 44 percent humidity, the heat index is well into the 100s

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
spark plugs and heat soak is a killer.

·
Sleeper
2,101 Posts
The numbers to me look fine. I was expecting like 200whp. They dyno stock at 215whp and factor in heat soak and it is where it should be.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks to all. I was thinking I would be in the 220's at least. I won't ever expect decent track times or dyno numbers during summer in FL ever again, just to hot.

Sonnick, not a dyno expert but the sheet says " CF:SAE Smoothing5 SAE 1.02". No clue what that means. I do recall him going through all the correction factors and the numbers remained close to the same

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
saw the vids. I think that wussy fan in front of the car doesnt help either... but yea heat soak will drop that power number. I dynoed my daily once and when i got to the dyno i made 230, let the car cool for a couple mins and made 245 next two runs...Remove that manifold spacer and youll pickup 5-7whp peak but lose close to 10 torque in the midrange. I liked to use the spacer becuz it was great for the track. But i wouldnt reccommend such a large spacer for straightline. Need Iridium plugs ASAP. Make a few changes and go back but not to that dyno with that crappy floor fan.. Maybe find a diff dyno first before the changes.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LoL, I thought the same thing about the fan. There are a couple in door Dyno shops around but are a little bit of a drive. As long as I can get the car out of the sun to cool (maybe with a fan also) I think it would reduce the Heat Soak.

I absolutely love the IM Spacer for daily driving. With the xlr8 J-Pipe this baby has plenty of torque (for an Accord). It will definitely come off when my DTB IM set up comes in, no need for it then. :)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats the recommended break in time for a new Clutch and Fly ? I've babied this thing (minus the 3 dyno pulls, 350 miles on it) and really want to see how this it feels.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the advice but there are definite gains with the J-Pipe, no doubt.

I was worried for the first 200 or so miles. I reset the ECU during installation and did take a little while for the gains to fully show itself. Ill get PCD's and exhaust after my other parts come in and get dynoed

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, this is odd. Changing oil today and found a sensor ubplugged ( above NRG damper to the right if looking at the car). Clutch engagement was chattery but now isn't.

Ohh the odd part , just chirped 3rd gear on dry road. That's with all 214hp and 188tq

1 - 20 of 1086 Posts