Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading somewhere here that the new oem 17" RL rims wouldn't work on a Accord because of a new offset, or for some reason, is this true? Or am I just crazy?

any feedback welcome.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, but I don't have the kaching for aftermarket tires. I might be able to get some for cheap.

hm, searched some more and found a thread about RL rims.

is this the correct bolt pattern? as in, they're different.

RL: 5 x 120
Accord: 5 x 114.3

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
the 04 RL is 5x114.3, dont see a reason for any other years (new or old) to be any different. ive never heard of 5x120 bolt pattern, and itd be kinda dumb for honda to pull a stupid move like this bc the is NO AFTERMARKET for this size!! as far as offset goes, youll just have to look into that. if the offset is at least 42+, you shouldnt have a problem. if its less than that, i would test fit them before buying

·
Registered
760 Posts
sumptimwong said:
the 04 RL is 5x114.3, dont see a reason for any other years (new or old) to be any different. ive never heard of 5x120 bolt pattern, and itd be kinda dumb for honda to pull a stupid move like this bc the is NO AFTERMARKET for this size!! as far as offset goes, youll just have to look into that. if the offset is at least 42+, you shouldnt have a problem. if its less than that, i would test fit them before buying
To set things straight - the bolt pattern for the new RL is 5x120.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
wow, no way! if anyone has a link to a thread or any other informative site about wh honda chose to do this, please attach here!

i understand that a wider bolt pattern diameter more efficiently distributes torque to the wheels, but the RL isnt putting out huge amounts of power! certainly not more than american v8, which still ride on 5x114.3

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weird, are they going to start changing more and more cars to that? Why do it at the expense of compatibility with their other models? just weird.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts