Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1368 Posts

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this project has been sitting on my shelf for a good year now and I am tired of it sitting so here it goes. I will be taking a Eaton M90 blower unit commonly found on E-Bay and other places from the 89-95 Thunderbird/Cougar SC editions and adapting it to work with first the 7th gen AV6 and 3rd gen TL, then the 6th gen AV6 and 2nd gen TL/CL. If sucessful this will be kitted and probably a GB issued, but first I will complete and prove the design (unlike someone else). Rebuilt M90 can be gotten from multiple sources for $600-$800, used they can be found on E-Bay for $100-$200, the one I am using for moch-up came off EBay for $125 and although tired was in working order. M90 full rebuild kits (bearings, seals, coupler, oil) can also be found for $120ish and if new rotors are needed I have seen them for $300-$400. The end goal is to have a complete system including a rebuilt M90 for $2500 or less, minus management, tuning and fuel system upgrades. For my development I plan on using a FIC for tuning and our stock injectors should hold the 6 PSI standard boost and RDX injectors for 8-10PSI HB. I plan on making the charge air system both for a FMIC/Hope/Other Liquid setup as well as the std direct connection.

Another reason for the M90 is it is much more volumetrically efficent compared to the M62 that Comptech uses. What this means is that it will run cooler and be able to provide high boost without over reving the blower. Also the M90 can provide the airflow needed to power the J35/J36 franken-engines efficently that I have been making. There is a little more parasitic loss with the M90 (about 1.5%) and it is a bigger physical unit, but I believe the benifits outway these factors.

So, let's get to it, here are some pics of the blower, I disassembled the nose assembly about a year ago to start figuring out the extension, materials for the nose extension should be here this afternoon, so in the mean time I will be working on the mounting of the blower unit.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Start of the front blower mount, I am going to have to order some spacer material for the outer 10mm bolt, but I think the three bolts will support the weight along with the right side blower mount.....

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Fly. but then he'll build rocket ship backapacks.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It ain't working yet guys, there is still alot to be done and alot that can go very wrong.....

1 - 20 of 1368 Posts