Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys see anything wrong with that idea? i was thinking of adding coilover sleeves to tein htechs mounted on koni yellow shocks?

The cheap ass coilovers you find on ebay, if i was to just jack the coilover sleeves from them and put them on the tein htechs, do you suppose that will work? Anything i might be missing here apart from maybe the quality of the sleeve?

let me know

thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
One problem is that with those cheap sleeve coilovers is that the sleeves might not fit right. Meaning that they might be there wrong diameter and could possibly shift on the strut.

With suspension mods you should spend alittle mod just because it will save you in the long run. Control arms, balljoints, etc will be an expensive pain later.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in regards to the sleeve shifting, i see your point. so how is it different for a spring then? what do the springs sit on? that dont prevent them from moving around? im pretty lost, here wish i could just take apart a strut spring to see how to put it all together.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
sleeves use shorter springs...so basically if u buy the sleeve....and then use ur h tehc...ur going to rasie ur car another 4 inchs....cause the spring on the h tech are only about .5 inch short, if that, then stock. where as the ground control springs were about 2-3 inchs shorter.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
accord03 said:
sleeves use shorter springs...so basically if u buy the sleeve....and then use ur h tehc...ur going to rasie ur car another 4 inchs....cause the spring on the h tech are only about .5 inch short, if that, then stock. where as the ground control springs were about 2-3 inchs shorter.
hmm interesting so the sleeve sits exactly where the spring woudl sit on the shock? and the lowest setting is still where the normal htech spring would be?

·
Registered
91 Posts
OwAce said:
in regards to the sleeve shifting, i see your point. so how is it different for a spring then? what do the springs sit on? that dont prevent them from moving around? im pretty lost, here wish i could just take apart a strut spring to see how to put it all together.

The spring lengths are gauranted to be different.

Setup wise, you have a strut with a spring seat. With a coilover the sleeve fits over the strut and sits on the spring seat. Then the coilover has two perches, one on top of the other on the threaded sleeve. The top one is where the spring sits and the one below is used to lock the top one into place. The spring is then mounted on the perches.

For me I would just sell your lowering springs and buy Ground Controls, just my recommendation/opinion.

Hope that helps.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that helps a lot. clears stuff up a lot as well. oh well so much for going with htechs in a custom coilover setup. anyone know where to get ground controls for cheap? the best i found was 380..thats a little high i feel. please let me know.

thanks'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts