Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who already have an amplified sub in you Accord w/ Navi and get a "pop" sound when you turn on or off your vehicle or when you turn your radio off, DEI makes an Remote power Adapter which fixes this problem.

Part Number: DEI 55000A
Item uses the speaker signal and converts it to a remote turn on for your amp(s). Using this piece your amp(s) will now turn off with the radio and no "pop" sound will be heard.

For those of you with this problem, you know how anoying this sound gets after awhile.

-Chris

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it happens because by leaving the factory navigation untouched, you cant grab a Remote turn on signal. So the amp(s) do not turn off with your radio.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you still have your factory radio installed with an amp, try turning off your radio while your car's running and hear what happens...

(Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
nope , no factory radio here .. everything dealing with the sound in my car is aftermarket ..

actually .. if i think about it ....

after i put in my new cd player .. i heard that sound when i turn on the car ..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Xccord said:
For those who already have an amplified sub in you Accord w/ Navi and get a "pop" sound when you turn on or off your vehicle or when you turn your radio off, DEI makes an Remote power Adapter which fixes this problem.

Part Number: DEI 55000A
Item uses the speaker signal and converts it to a remote turn on for your amp(s). Using this piece your amp(s) will now turn off with the radio and no "pop" sound will be heard.

For those of you with this problem, you know how anoying this sound gets after awhile.

-Chris
can you explain how you added an amp with the factory nav? did you have to take the nav unit out to get to the back of the radio?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
To add an amp to your factory stereo, you just need to run power from the battery. Then ground to a bolt somewhere in the trunk. Tap the signal from the rear speakers and you're set.. no need to even touch the head unit.

·
Registered
480 Posts
sandwiches said:
To add an amp to your factory stereo, you just need to run power from the battery. Then ground to a bolt somewhere in the trunk. Tap the signal from the rear speakers and you're set.. no need to even touch the head unit.
Great! Now where do I get the remote wire?:confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mackdaddy said:
Switched +12VDC. I grabbed mine off a feed close to the drivers side fuse panel. No big deal actually.
It's not good to grab your remote from the switched wire in the drivers kick, because your amp wont turn off when your radio's off with the car still running.

·
Who's yo daddy?
511 Posts
Xccord said:
It's not good to grab your remote from the switched wire in the drivers kick, because your amp wont turn off when your radio's off with the car still running.
Trust me, it works fine. When I drive the radio is on. I have no issues with it the way it is. I wouldn't do it this way if there were any problems. Using a JL 300/2 amp brigged for the sub, BTW.

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
All you need to do is tap the power antenna wire behind the headunit (yellow/green). Make sure you use a relay. When you turn off your radio, the amp shuts off as well.

--Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally I have hope with your suggestion, but...

Hi, some days ago I installed some car-audio components to my '04 Accord Coupe:a subwoofer, 6 speakers (i changed the standard speakers from Honda), an equalizer and an amplifier.
No modifications on Honda original stereo.

All of them from well-known brand names, and the audio is now amazing. The only problem is that when i turn on the car, eject a CD from the 6-cd changer, insert a CD or turn off the car I hear an annoying noise.

The guy who installed all this stuff said that there is a difference of voltage (?) between the subwoofer and the car-stereo (original from Honda). He installed a 'relay' but the noise is still there.

Do anyone has experienced this problem after installing car-audio components like these? What's the solution? Please help me.

- I read the post Adding an AMP to 03-04 Accords, no pop sound - Will this solve my problem?

Thanks a lot guys

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
The Accords like all Hondas have no problem retaining an accurate 12volt signal. The only purpose of the relay onto the power antenna lead is to boost the volatge from its originally intended use (power antenna). Can it work without the relay? Probably depending on your setup, but adding a relay is a couple minutes of time anyway.

Just tapping the power antenna wire, is the simpliest most direct route to achieving the desired function (turn on and off with the radio).

--Don

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its caused by a difference in voltage backfeeding into your amp from your remote wire. This happens because your amp initially shuts off 2-3 seconds after power is taken away from your remote wire. The Dei 55000A adapter adds a 2-3 sec. delay which corrects this.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
6spdcoupe said:
The Accords like all Hondas have no problem retaining an accurate 12volt signal. The only purpose of the relay onto the power antenna lead is to boost the volatge from its originally intended use (power antenna). Can it work without the relay? Probably depending on your setup, but adding a relay is a couple minutes of time anyway.

Just tapping the power antenna wire, is the simpliest most direct route to achieving the desired function (turn on and off with the radio).

--Don
true, but in order to tap into this wire, you need to remove the giant radio. With the remote power adapter you dont. Saves alot of time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Xccord for your advice. I will look for that remote power adapter.

6spdcoupe, the noise is like when you turn off a home stereo without turning down the volume (like a 'pop'). After turned off (and you saw the information in the LED display dissapears) I heard a noise. The same happens when insert or eject a CD.

Before installing the relay, the noise was really loud. After that, the noise was reduced but is still noticeable...and annoying.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts