Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i f'ed up another set up headlights. i was in the process of painting the frames of my headlights with the corners masked out so they would stay chrome. while i was removing the tape the chrome started pelling off. i'm so pissed. so much hard work and the chrome comes pelling off.

can anyone give me some advice on how they masked our the headlights without the chrome coming off. what kind of tape did you use? also what kind of paint did u you? if anyone wants to sell me a spare set of oem headlights they have laying around i'd appreciate it alot.

here is what im trying to accomplish

·
___
4,751 Posts
check this post:

The guy advises to use:

Masking tape - Get a roll of masking tape from the paint section of Pepboys or a paint shop. Make sure that the tape has a VERY VERY light adhesive. This will be come clear later. (Electrical tape works too.)

·
___
4,751 Posts

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
the hair gel idea will work also, but there is a much better way than hair gel.

There is this liquid masking tape that u apply on like glue. And then u just paint over it. When ur done, u just peel it off. U can get it at most hobby shops, and even maybe at Michael's.

I used electrical tape, and then I just used an exacto knife and cut it to make a good shape. The tape did not stick at all and came off pretty easy.

The first time I painted, i used this 10000Degrees header paint. But i'm gonna redo it using OEM paint and a gloss finish coat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts