Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the differences between AEM V2 --------- AEM COLD AIR----- AEM SHORT RAM? What are the differences. Please help experts only. Thank you.

·
Boosted!
7,368 Posts
I had all 3

Aem V1 has a smaller inlet tube which makes it much quiter then the V2. Ive heard the short ram intake gives better hp ratings.

But i love the sound of the V2 it sounds mean

·
Registered
57 Posts
yea basically the v2 is a little louder than v1..if u have extra money for it get v2..but if u want something that looks good and is really loud get the short ram..it is louder than the cai from wat iv heard..hope that helps

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
As far as sound goes, I love the sound of the v2...its mean as hell in WOT, and it makes like a humming noise when idle, kinda sounds like an airplane (sorta), which I personally tend to like, but thats just personal preference. The power gains according to AEM are like 8-10 hp with the v2....its been debated tho on here whether you get better gains with the SRI vs. CAI or V2. Some peeps might say thats its a waste of $$$ to get the V2, I disagree, but in the end its ur call. Good luck, peace!!!

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
you shud go on AEMs website and read about their advantages. from what i've read/heard. V2 gives more miles/gallon than the other 2 intakes, short ram gives better low/mid gains than AEM CAI (since its short ram, something about the air that gets sucked in and the geometry of the tube...something like that gives it more low and mid end than CAI) and the CAI gives more high end, but there are like NO low end gains. it actually loses HP somewhere in the middle of the dyno. you shud take a look at the dynos sometime. hope it helps. btw AEM SRI is hella loud and sounds way sweet

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Short Ram is what I have, it's really loud at WOT. You'll love it. There's debates on which gets the best gains and what not so who knows. One good thing about the short ram is that you can't hydrolock unless you completely submerge your car, but since your submerged I think you'd be worried about other things :p

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, I guess if you're in water high enough to cause hydro-lock with a regular CAI, you've got worse things to worry about also. I don't remember the last time I drove a vehicle through 2 feet of water, do you? ;)

Don't get me wrong though, I have an SRI and I love it. I wouldn't switch for anything. I'm just making a point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts