Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So alright I have been on top of these for a while now hammering the phones and contacting a bunch of sources to check on these. Everyone keeps telling me soon, soon soon. Well I am getting fed up with this prolonged excuse process and wanted some real answers so I called AEM today and spoke to one of their reps named Robert and was informed that it was something they had not even started on yet. WTF. Why in the world would you release the part number and a price to dealers if it is something that hasn't even begun to be developed/produce. This sounds like som crappy business practices to me especially since they are telling some people they will be here soon and others that they havent started anything yet.

·
Registered
760 Posts
AEM isn't the only performance tuner brand that does this. A lot of companies are guilty of this shady practice and I think it's done so that "AEM fans" would wait out on it even if another company produces it. Comptech even goes as far as saying something is "in production" and after 6 months of waiting and not even STARTING on it, they'll say "I'm sorry but we don't plan on producing XXX for the 7th gen Accord".

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
smokin6speed said:
. Why in the world would you release the part number and a price to dealers if it is something that hasn't even begun to be developed/produce. This sounds like som crappy business practices to me especially since they are telling some people they will be here soon and others that they havent started anything yet.
do i hear unichip? :p

·
Registered
463 Posts
sigh..i was looking forward to having pullies for our cars for so long too..but what can we do... :( great job with the effort though smokin6speed..

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have an email into unorthodox as well...waiting on a response from them...keep your fingers crossed..

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
why would you want them anyways? aem's pulleys have been known to kill 6th gen accord alternators. If you want a good product, contact Unorthodox Racing.

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
who actually is interested in these pulleys?? i mean.. i have the 1 pulley that was made from UR... think there's some way we can make some more out of this?? =))

·
Registered
841 Posts
Your pulley was custom so I assume that they aren't selling any as we speak.

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
UR has quit production of the pulleys for our cars. what do you mean my pulley was custom??? this is the pulley that was prototyped BY UR.

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
UR first made A prototype pulley for our car abooooout... 8 months ago or longer... if it's still not producing.. doesn't that mean that they won't make it? i think there's a shop customizing a pulley for our cars as we speak..

·
Registered
841 Posts
as2222 said:
UR first made A prototype pulley for our car abooooout... 8 months ago or longer... if it's still not producing.. doesn't that mean that they won't make it? i think there's a shop customizing a pulley for our cars as we speak..

as2222, clear out your PM box. I can't send you a message in response to your question.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
AEM pullies = nothing but problems , wait for UR

1 - 18 of 18 Posts