Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the installation instructions for the AEM V2, the last step is "The power adder" "For off-road use only" What does this do and has anyone done this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
TorontoV6 said:
In the installation instructions for the AEM V2, the last step is "The power adder" "For off-road use only" What does this do and has anyone done this?

All you are doing is removing the O2 sensor from the throddle body into the hole that is supplied in the cold air intake. The air in the throddle body is going to be a hell of a lot hotter than the air in the intake, and since cold air = more horsepower, than there is your "power adder." Doing this move simply tricks the computer (ECU) into reading that the engine is sucking in colder, more dense air, which will increase your horsepower as a result.

I have the same intake you do, and I have done this "power adder"on my 6 speed accord. I am not sure how much extra hp I gained, but between you and I, its probably not enough to make it worth your while.

·
Registered
603 Posts
question: i'm buying a used intake, but the fellow says that there are some minor dents/scratches on it. Havn't seen it yet, but is this common? He said this is due to the fit in the engine compartment which knocks on some minor parts in the engine? SHould the intake be dent-free or are dents in certain areas common? btw, it is also an aemv2.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HIJACK!!!

Anyway, this is my opinion. I spent $35,000 on my car. I will only be installing the best parts I can find, I.E. the V2 over a regular CAI, Tein springs over a lesser brand. So if you have invested that same or close to it in your as I have I would suggest that you continue to invest in your car, you wont ever be unsatisfied with your choices if you make the best ones you can, you may on the other hand be sorry for wasting money on used parts that you are not sure of. Do it right the first time instead of having to RE-DO it and spending more money then if you had of just done it right the first time.

Comptech! Do you think that the 18 hp dyno that AEM shows for our car is with the "power adder"?

·
Registered
882 Posts
18 is ridiculous. its definetly not 18.
and for the record, thats 35k canadian.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
kramer2k said:
18 HP ???!!! :rofl2:

well yeah it is 18 if you take a look at the AEM dyno chart. :rolleye2:

:smack: DOH! wait its AEMs dyno chart, and wait...is that a dyno chart or an excel chart that is copying a dyno chart...
:eek:

hey for $250 18 hp, thats like 14$ per hp,.....wow if only all mods were like that. :hide:

·
Registered
81 Posts
TorontoV6 said:
Comptech! Do you think that the 18 hp dyno that AEM shows for our car is with the "power adder"?
Toronto, I doubt VERY much that a simple AEM cold air intake will give you an additional 18.7 horsepower. That is far beyond rediculious! Please try to understand that just because you read something on a webpage dynograph doesn't mean that it is the golden standard. I don't trust anyone's dynographs except Comptech's for the simple fact that I have physically SEEN them test their items in their machine shop a number of times. DO you know the folks at AEM as well as me with Comptech?

If I were to guess (and this is ONLY a guess), the intake might give you anywhere from 6-10 wheel horsepower, even with the power gainer.

·
Registered
841 Posts
^^Probably because its not out yet but once it is, he'll sell his V2 in a heartbeat just to get the Icebox. :rolleye2:

·
Registered
81 Posts
kramer2k said:
No, I bet he doesn't. My guess (and this is ONLY a guess) is that you WORK FOR COMPTECH

Yea, sure. And you somehow have proof of this, right? Or is slapping false accusations on people with absolutly no proof your only known source of "trying" to defend your case? Really, this thread does not need posts like these from people like you. If its not constructive, than DON'T post it

·
Registered
841 Posts
Why not? You're a diehard Comptech fan. I'm suprised to see that your not since all you vouch for is Comptech saying its the highest quality. Just my observation over the past few months of all your posts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wasn't making that claim of 18hp. Just what I saw on their website. I am new to this mod stuff. Go easy on me, I might cry next time. I the main reason I bought the V2 over anything else was because it look soo big and mean. Gotta love th looks of it. Look much more serious then the Injen or a regular CAI.
And yes, that might be 18hp CANADIAN! and with the right CANADIAN BEER I might get another 6. EH!

·
Registered
603 Posts
u notice a big sound difference with your new aemv2 toronto? i'm itching to get my intake, if the guy that has an used one doesn't pull through, i'm just gonna buy a new one this weekend and install it!

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
$ilverbullet said:
u notice a big sound difference with your new aemv2 toronto? i'm itching to get my intake, if the guy that has an used one doesn't pull through, i'm just gonna buy a new one this weekend and install it!
$ilverbullet: check your pm.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts