Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Houston-Imports.com :3
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey V6p, I have a v2 that I've been hesitating to install. Reason for that is that I don't have an fender liner/splash guard(long story). Should I install it with out the liner or get a new liner?

·
Registered
245 Posts
just do it, as long u don't go into a puddle, you will be fine,

when i was rocking my 6thgen, i had the v2 and no fender liner... and my intake filter and tires are like 3 in apart... lol...

but remember the consequence if u do hydrolock!!! u r screwed... LOL

·
VTEC PWNES ALL
239 Posts
get a liner bro i regret not having one with my v2 hence my hydrolocked j30 motor which prompted a engine swap

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
don't install it without the liner. Simon semi-hydrolock his car last time.

I have a splash guard on my car and it still gets wet in the rain from the droplets

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do I only need the driver side liner or the bumper one too?

·
Kevin
718 Posts
Do I only need the driver side liner or the bumper one too?
You will pretty much need to cover the whole driver side area so that water has less of a chance to get through to the filter.

Are you referring to the bumper one as the one on the bottom of the bumper?

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You will pretty much need to cover the whole driver side area so that water has less of a chance to get through to the filter.

Are you referring to the bumper one as the one on the bottom of the bumper?
Yeah the one under the bumper.

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another question, can I just install it with the intake filter, or do I need the hoses that came with the intake? I'm missing the hoses :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
These are the hoses that come with the AEM V2 installation kit. You could order them direct from AEM or go to your local parts store (Autozone) and give them the specs of the hoses (Thats what i would do, much cheaper)

Hose; 5/16ID X 20"L
Part#: 5-2020

Hose; 1/2"ID X 16"L
Part#: 5-5016

Reactions: Gee

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to bring up my old thread guys, but I have one last question. How does it ride with a lowered car? I just want to avoid all water at all cost, but I live in Houston and it rains quite a bit. Doesn't help that I'm lowered and I'm fixing to go a little lower.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've got the AEM v2 with fender liners, and I've never had a problem with rain or snow. I live in Utah and get a lot. Driven through some big puddles of water too. They also sell a cover for the filter that is supposed to help a lot with water too. Is there a reason you don't have fender liners, like for your wheels or something?

·
Slammed & Stunning
3,496 Posts
Sorry to bring up my old thread guys, but I have one last question. How does it ride with a lowered car? I just want to avoid all water at all cost, but I live in Houston and it rains quite a bit. Doesn't help that I'm lowered and I'm fixing to go a little lower.

My filter is literally about 1" off the ground.
I live in Cali..
BUT there have been many people who have hydrolocked their engine because of this intake.
That guy with the Silver couope Lousiana or w/e his SN hydrolocked his engine
I would get a bypass valve from AEM

I've got the AEM v2 with fender liners, and I've never had a problem with rain or snow. I live in Utah and get a lot. Driven through some big puddles of water too. They also sell a cover for the filter that is supposed to help a lot with water too. Is there a reason you don't have fender liners, like for your wheels or something?

Be careful

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My filter is literally about 1" off the ground.
I live in Cali..
BUT there have been many people who have hydrolocked their engine because of this intake.
That guy with the Silver couope Lousiana or w/e his SN hydrolocked his engine
I would get a bypass valve from AEM

Be careful
They don't make the bypass for the v2 :(

I took them off years ago for some reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts