Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone likes the AEM V2, including myself. I'm ready to buy an exhaust, and would like to know what 1/4 mile times all you guys are runnin with an aem v2 and an aftermarket exhaust to see which are the best combo. PLEASE ONLY AEM V2 CARS ONLY w/6SPDS AND AFTERMARKET EXHAUST AT DRAG STRIPS. no stockers or g-tech's or auto's or sedans

LIST
exhaust brand
stock height or lowered
60'
1/4 et
1/4 mph
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I got the V2 also and I got a 14.6 stock and with the V2 and better launching I got a 14.339 @ 97.74 with a 60' of 2.288 everything else stock
The launch is the killer I think. practice practice practice
I am interesting in the Borla cause the price is decent and the look is near stock but I am also wondering what people run with the V2 and exhaust. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
what's so special about the V2?
 

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
^^^ the growl it makes at WOT...nothing big for some people...but for someone like me who likes that kind of stuff, it's music to my ears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
exhaust gives minimal to no gain, its just for looks and ssound. im talkin about the catback systems for our cars. if u want true gain, u should go with true dual set up like brex and drew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wj4 said:
exhaust gives minimal to no gain, its just for looks and ssound. im talkin about the catback systems for our cars. if u want true gain, u should go with true dual set up like brex and drew
saved all the pix to my pc, just have to find a local mandrel bender that knows what the hell their doin, duals baby! any companys wanna mass produce full sets, ithink every one here would buy em!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
wicked400ex said:
saved all the pix to my pc, just have to find a local mandrel bender that knows what the hell their doin, duals baby! any companys wanna mass produce full sets, ithink every one here would buy em!
no company is going to release unless we have a grip of ppl putting money before hand...and by example of the unichip it looks like it wouldnt work too well.
too bad ur not in so cal otherwise u can go to the same place as drew and brex :(
better yet, just run the car exhaust free lol. better than dual! just get exhaust tips adn put it on the back so the police thinks u actually have exhaust when u dont :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wj4 said:
no company is going to release unless we have a grip of ppl putting money before hand...and by example of the unichip it looks like it wouldnt work too well.
too bad ur not in so cal otherwise u can go to the same place as drew and brex :(
better yet, just run the car exhaust free lol. better than dual! just get exhaust tips adn put it on the back so the police thinks u actually have exhaust when u dont :p
ya this area of east coast is hard to find real good performance shops, that type of work you just don't take to sears or midas! I liked the no exhaust idea w/ just tips hangin on the back, i got a good laugh out of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
wj4 said:
exhaust gives minimal to no gain, its just for looks and ssound. im talkin about the catback systems for our cars. if u want true gain, u should go with true dual set up like brex and drew
Any adivce for me? I cut off the resonator and just welded the pipes together. I notice that I lost torque. I reason for this was trying to get the v6 do sound deeper and throaty. Maybe I should cut off the premuffler.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top