Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im deciding whether I wanna put an intake in my 6 speed accord, the other thing im deciding is which one I should get if I decide to get one? Which sounds better, which gives more power etc...
anyone with any help with this PLEASE?

·
Registered
354 Posts
The overall gains on the V2 are quite a bit higher, but you're talking a higher power band than the Injen.

On a 6 speed, I'd definitely go with the V2. It also sounds better without a doubt.

·
Registered
463 Posts
both intakes give good gains....with the aem v2 giving more high-end power and the injen giving more low end power..can't say for the injen sound, but the v2 sound gives a deep growl in vtec...and just slightly louder at idle......also, search! there's many posts on this particular topic...

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38402&highlight=aem

good luck picking one! you can't go wrong with either, imo..

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have had the AEM V1, Injen, and the AEM V2. I dynoed with all three. Believe it or not, the V1 made more horsepower for me. Not a whole lot, but a little. The Injen made the same as the V1. The V2 was last. I had all three on my car and drove about a week with each one after the dyno to see which one I liked better. The Injen got the nod in my book. V2 is over hyped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts