Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally got my car back today after being in the shop for 3 weeks i check my Neo before leaving the shop and everything is ok. I go to the store with my friend and as soon as i get back into my car, my car starts to rev up and down between 500 and 1200 rpms.(My car is an auto) I check to see what my Neo is reading and its on a Demo feature or something and i get no response from any of the buttons. I look at my cluster and i notice that my CEL light is on as well as my TCS light. I tried looking on all Apexi online manuals to see if i could dis-engage the Neo from its demo mode but nothing is working. I also checked the wiring just to make sure there where no loose wires but everything was fine. Any advice??? I guess ill be going to C&C auto tomorrow to see if they can do anything(thats where i got it installed)

·
Boomdiada
52 Posts
I would recheck all wires. then get the codes for the CEL to help pinpoint the problem to a specific wire... I also have a NEO so let me know.(not on accord)

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
scan the CEL
Yep, that woudl be my guess Sal, do that first and are there any rev limits on the car now? Where in the car do you usually keep the Neo?

Be ready to write down your tune and to reset the Neo, otherwise you'll lose it, not that your tune was all that great since they only did your high end :hide:

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
Actually had the same issue with mine when I INITIALLY installed it, it needs to calibrated, and you need to make sure to set it to 6 cylinders, then reset with a code reader, did they dyno tune it? did you use the Boomslang wiring harness to install it? more info would help

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, that woudl be my guess Sal, do that first and are there any rev limits on the car now? Where in the car do you usually keep the Neo?

Be ready to write down your tune and to reset the Neo, otherwise you'll lose it, not that your tune was all that great since they only did your high end :hide:
how do you reset the Neo?? i took it to C&C today and Chu said that he never seen this happen to any Neo before. He disconnected it and connected my wires back to their original settings but he left the power wire on so the Neo is still working but....none of the buttons are responding and its still in the demo mode. I usually keep the Neo in m glove box, and i hardly ever touch it. Since Chu disconnected it the CEL and TCS lights came off, so when i get a chance to borrow an OBD2 reader then ill just re-connect it and read the CEL codes. Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
how do you reset the Neo?? i took it to C&C today and Chu said that he never seen this happen to any Neo before. He disconnected it and connected my wires back to their original settings but he left the power wire on so the Neo is still working but....none of the buttons are responding and its still in the demo mode. I usually keep the Neo in m glove box, and i hardly ever touch it. Since Chu disconnected it the CEL and TCS lights came off, so when i get a chance to borrow an OBD2 reader then ill just re-connect it and read the CEL codes. Thanks for the info guys
HAHAHAHAA!

Never leave it in the glove box :rofl:
Thats how I put mine accidently into demo mode or whatever you call it, you managed to press the buttons the wrong way by accident while it was in there. Call up Apex'i tomorrow, I forgot how to reset it, and im not sure you can put it back to normal without reseting it which means you'll lose your tune.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HAHAHAHAA!

Never leave it in the glove box :rofl:
Thats how I put mine accidently into demo mode or whatever you call it, you managed to press the buttons the wrong way by accident while it was in there. Call up Apex'i tomorrow, I forgot how to reset it, and im not sure you can put it back to normal without reseting it which means you'll lose your tune.
DANG IT!!!!:p
guess ill just reset it and sell it... Anybody need a AFC NEO????LOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
167 Posts
if you go into the settings and go to INITIALIZE it should reset, then go set your cylinders and then calibrate the open and closed throttle...

·
Boomdiada
52 Posts
^what he said.

also i wrote down all my settings and saved it on my computer at home just in case. i also tuned my car at "cruise" at 60mph so i could tune the low throttle maps also.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
how long should i wait, chu disconnected it and then reconnected it but nothing changed
Do it for at least one day, it does a good job remembering, taking my old one apart and looking at it, im suprised that your buttons dont work, I think you might still be able to get it to respond maybe your not doing it in the right sequence if anything drop by Apex'i place and have them bench test it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i finally got my car back today after being in the shop for 3 weeks i check my Neo before leaving the shop and everything is ok. I go to the store with my friend and as soon as i get back into my car, my car starts to rev up and down between 500 and 1200 rpms.(My car is an auto) I check to see what my Neo is reading and its on a Demo feature or something and i get no response from any of the buttons. I look at my cluster and i notice that my CEL light is on as well as my TCS light. I tried looking on all Apexi online manuals to see if i could dis-engage the Neo from its demo mode but nothing is working. I also checked the wiring just to make sure there where no loose wires but everything was fine. Any advice??? I guess ill be going to C&C auto tomorrow to see if they can do anything(thats where i got it installed)
Switch off your AFC Neo. Hold "UP" button and switch on the AFC Neo again. It will entered to Self check menu, select "reset" and it will restart and back to normal screen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts