Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
1,221 Posts
Go to Firestone tire for your alignment because they have a lifetime alignment program

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
balancing is the process of fitting the tires onto the rim, and making sure the weight distribution is equal. So if your tires are already mounted on your rims, you already got it balanced.

You need an alignment if you lowered your car. It's VERY VERY important.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i took off my stock wheels and put on my friends 18s to see if i liked them. when i put my stock wheels back on though i feel my car being shakey and vibrant under high speeds when i brake especially. the gas pedal even vibrates on my foot.

do i need to get my wheels balanced or not? wht can i do?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I would say wait a couple of days before you do your alignment. Springs take a little bit to settle out, though the majority of the settling happens pretty soon after the springs are installed.

As far as firestone and alignments, I've had bad luck with them. The last time I went in there they said they couldn't center my steering wheel because my car was lowered (on hfp suspension), which of course is rediculous. Firestone FTL.

As for balancing, why didn't they balance your wheels when they mounted your tires on the rim?

·
Glow-in-the-dark EZcheese
45 Posts
Check the lugs... It's possible one or two are loose. This would cause the shaking you speak of during acceleration and braking.

Another possibility is you knocked off a wheel weight during the swap, but this usually causes vibrations at very specific speeds (ie 25-30, 65-70).

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
before you get it aligned wait a few weeks after you install the springs so it can "settle" then do the alignment. Did you have aftermarket rims on before, maybe the hub ring got left on,that happened to me once and it was vibrating

·
KSU Owls
232 Posts
before you get it aligned wait a few weeks after you install the springs so it can "settle" then do the alignment. Did you have aftermarket rims on before, maybe the hub ring got left on,that happened to me once and it was vibrating
I have not heard this before.. you should always get an alignment right away if you mess it up... its not great for the wear of the tires or suspension when its off.. the springs will settle in after an alignment as well.. :rolleye2:

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
I have not heard this before.. you should always get an alignment right away if you mess it up... its not great for the wear of the tires or suspension when its off.. the springs will settle in after an alignment as well.. :rolleye2:
sayin that he got his car lowered and has a camber kit.it will be better to get that adjusted after its settled..

·
Registered
351 Posts
The height difference between a car w/ a fresh suspension install and a car that has settled can be quite dramatic. The bulk of the settling takes place over the first day or two, but there is still a minute amount of settling that takes place for a couple weeks after. The change in ride height resulting from the initial settling can throw your alignment off horribly. If you get an alignment done right away, get a followup one done a couple weeks out. Though, just getting one done the day or two after is safe enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts