Accord V6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Still waiting for the picks common guys i have my kicker waiting for me lol i just need 2 see some picks on the headunits and everything please post up asap

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
tha loooks coool do u have a lot of bass controlls with that system? Cause i am kind of a bass guy u know and where u kit that piece from?

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
Theres a harness I bought off eBay for like $5 that plugs into the stock headunit and the stock harness and makes it a Y harness and you solder the other wires to your aftermarket headunit harness. It sounds hard, but it is very trivial and all you have to do is colormatch the wires.

Found the pictures I took of it, and it works perfect btw.

Heres my IVA-W200 Alpine Headunit. Yes theres a gap, it doesnt really bother me and I really thought it would piss me off. I may mold the gap out when im done with the rest of the audio install. Aftermarket headunits kick ass btw, I have navi hooked up to it, an ipod and its a dvd player. Its a full entertainment center in my car, and pulled my whole audio system install together. And everything is touch screen FTW!

·
Registered
326 Posts
How'd you tie in the aftermarket HU with the stock one?
Crutchfield sells them too. I found it easier to just crimp the wires, but thats only because I couldn't find my soldering iron. It was not hard at all and still keeps the stock climate control/radio working, just no sound from the stock system.

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
On mine?

When the car is in Drive its fine, no glare. No real problem in seeing it, but I wouldnt stare down at it while going highway speeds for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just mouted my Pioneer AVIC D3 using the Honda DOUBLE DIN kit under my Factory Radio, while keeping my Dual Zone CLimate Control and Clock up top, along with all illuminations. Looks SICK, at least IMO, plus being that the unit is mounted so low, looks quite low key. Also, I am working on a Project to cut the cubby door out and just lay it over the screen to conceal it while parked.

I will take pictures later to show you my install and plans.
I did the same thing with mine, but with the AVIC-Z2. There is a gap, but It can be filled in if you have any fabrication skill. I actually did exactly what you are talking about with the cubby door. I bought a broken cubby off of ebay (hinges didn't work well, but I didn't care, I just needed the front panel) I took it all apart, and even ground down the ribs on the back side of the door to make it thinner. I then used the foam rubber that came with the honda 'audio attachemt' that was supposed to be for wrapping wires or something, and I stuck two big pieces to the back of the door to prevent scratches to my head unit. I put 2 small velcro squares in the upper corners to keep the panel from moving/sliding off. It looks so good that I have had people in my car, and they did not think anything of it until i pulled the door off! When I fill in the gaps, I might come up with a better way to secure the door rather than continue to use velcro, but it works for now!

·
Registered
87 Posts
My AVIC-Z2 in it's new home (gaps not filled yet)

The back of the cubby door after removal and trimming

The cubby door in place to hide the AVIC-Z2

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am an installer, so I did all the work myself. The mounting kit is an OEM honda piece. I got mine from www.bernardiparts.com I forget the exact price, but for the mounting hardware and the trim piece it cost around $50-60. Then I made my own harness like the one someone posted a pic of above. You can usually get those for like $20-30 at a stereo shop (might be special order at most shops) I took the cubby door apart myself, and attached the velcro and the foam rubber stuff that came with the mounting kit (supposed to be used for wrapping the wires, etc. but I did not use the mounting kit for its intended purpose, which is adding a tape player or cd changer to your stock radio)

If a customer wanted a navi unit installed like mine, I would charge them$450-500 including labor, the mounting kit, harnesses, modifying the cubby door and retaining the steering wheel controls, just to give you a ballpark if you get it all done somewhere. If they want the gaps filled, it would be an extra $75-100 for the labor and paint.

Here are some links to the part (for some reason it is different for 03-05 than 06-07)

http://www.bernardiparts.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=08B06-SDA-100

http://www.bernardiparts.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=08B06-SDA-101A

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey what about navis? I have a built in navi that came with the car when i bought it. But what can i do about head units or such? or am i stuck just with it that way?- asides from building another one and station it above or below the navi.

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
I am an installer, so I did all the work myself. The mounting kit is an OEM honda piece. I got mine from www.bernardiparts.com I forget the exact price, but for the mounting hardware and the trim piece it cost around $50-60. Then I made my own harness like the one someone posted a pic of above. You can usually get those for like $20-30 at a stereo shop (might be special order at most shops) I took the cubby door apart myself, and attached the velcro and the foam rubber stuff that came with the mounting kit (supposed to be used for wrapping the wires, etc. but I did not use the mounting kit for its intended purpose, which is adding a tape player or cd changer to your stock radio)

If a customer wanted a navi unit installed like mine, I would charge them$450-500 including labor, the mounting kit, harnesses, modifying the cubby door and retaining the steering wheel controls, just to give you a ballpark if you get it all done somewhere. If they want the gaps filled, it would be an extra $75-100 for the labor and paint.

Here are some links to the part (for some reason it is different for 03-05 than 06-07)

http://www.bernardiparts.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=08B06-SDA-100

http://www.bernardiparts.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=08B06-SDA-101A

How did you keep your steering wheel controls?

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
Thank you Pat. I actually have that and have it installed, but the instructions to set it up are so vague I tried it once, wasnt working out, and havent gotten around to trying it again since last time. I was hopeing someone else did it and could give me some guidance/tips on it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you put in your vehicle on cruchfield (accord ex) it says that that product is not compatible with our cars.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts