Accord V6 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
MexAccord Team
231 Posts
yea, it does fit, just use the metra (cubby) kit instead of the Honda one.
crutchfield will give it to you for free, the kit, and the harness

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
yea, it does fit, just use the metra (cubby) kit instead of the Honda one.
crutchfield will give it to you for free, the kit, and the harness

yoooooo thanks broooo i appreciate it i guess this is the next mod hhahahah

·
Registered
87 Posts
How did you keep your steering wheel controls?
With most pioneer models, you can us peripheral part# swi-ps. Peripheral makes others too, like the swi-x, which is 'universal' but not as nice as the ones designed for specific brands.

·
Registered
87 Posts
yeah, the instructions are not that nice for the SWI The PAC and peripheral modules are the same btw. I have installed maybe 10-15 steering wheel control interfaces, and each time it is a learning experience reading the instructions!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Unfortunately not really... :( All I can say is go to their website, and it usually takes a little digging, but you can get a 'wizard' for those units that asks you what the year make and model is, and gives you less universal instructions tailored to that specific vehicle.

Try this link first, see if it works out for you!

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/peswix.aspx

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just mouted my Pioneer AVIC D3 using the Honda DOUBLE DIN kit under my Factory Radio, while keeping my Dual Zone CLimate Control and Clock up top, along with all illuminations. Looks SICK, at least IMO, plus being that the unit is mounted so low, looks quite low key. Also, I am working on a Project to cut the cubby door out and just lay it over the screen to conceal it while parked.

I will take pictures later to show you my install and plans.

05AV6 ~ Hey Bro I am going to be installing a D3 in my 03 in the lower cubby like u did!! I know I need to order the Honda Audio Attachment Kit, but what else do I need to get in order to keep my factory unit working too so that I can keep my Dual Climate Controls working? Also if you could please email me pictures I would appreciate it!!

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
05AV6 ~ Hey Bro I am going to be installing a D3 in my 03 in the lower cubby like u did!! I know I need to order the Honda Audio Attachment Kit, but what else do I need to get in order to keep my factory unit working too so that I can keep my Dual Climate Controls working? Also if you could please email me pictures I would appreciate it!!
You need to get a harness split, some people have called it a Y Harness, which will allow the units to coexist, be aware the unit will light up, turn on and so forth, but you will lose the function of the Radio/Cd Changer, The Unit will retain all its Climate Controls and illumination. Believe me at first the Radio was turned off and it looked like SHEET, but now I have both running. Oh yeah Mike I got my Visor TV's installed and running, looks UNREAL. :sweat:

·
Registered
13 Posts
You need to get a harness split, some people have called it a Y Harness, which will allow the units to coexist, be aware the unit will light up, turn on and so forth, but you will lose the function of the Radio/Cd Changer, The Unit will retain all its Climate Controls and illumination. Believe me at first the Radio was turned off and it looked like SHEET, but now I have both running. Oh yeah Mike I got my Visor TV's installed and running, looks UNREAL. :sweat:

Thanks Bro I appreciate it!! How do you like the Avic D3??? Do you have any picture of yours that you can email me with it installed? I am pretty sure that I am going to buy my buddies. He said he would let me have it for $500 and I am going to get it installed on tuesday. Does anyone know where I can get the Y Harness???

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts

I really want to see those, what monitors are they and how much did it cost you?

Heres my headunit:

jc07accord - what do you mean no light can block it?

Thanks for the tip Slab.

·
Registered
87 Posts
no problem, when he says no light can block it, he is referring to the IR LED that comes with the SWI-X. You have to aim it at the radio, and it works just like a normal remote (line of sight). If you are installing a major brand radio that supports a wired remote, I suggest getting the correct SWI unit for it instead of getting the SWI-X, it really isn't that great. I only use them as a last resort. I would call crutchfield with the model number of your deck and ask them if there is a SWI made for it or if you have to use the SWI-X.

·
Street Brawler
523 Posts
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/756000-756999/756363_2_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/756000-756999/756363_2_full.jpg
i dunno it looks like crap when closed tho, i really want to gut the stock unit and mount the unit in that , some one did it, and it looks nice but the metra unit is funky.
I have that same one and it sucks. I've lost a lot of control, can't switch between the vents and the air coming out is weak. Also, I no longer have the outside temp monitor. I've been looking at options to switch my HU to the cubby and put the stock hu back in it's place.

·
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
6,808 Posts
so all of u guys are using the double din kit or which one?.. i am trying to find a cheaper kit but if i dont have a choice i will get the oem double din for my d3.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts