Accord V6 Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Red Devils
525 Posts
Well guys I am trying to tally up all the wires ill need to hook up a single din pioneer cd player to my 03 ex accord coupe with 6disc cd changer.

·
Montreal
46 Posts
Which resistor did you use for your pac swi-x cause my mode button doesn't work????? And did you put the brown wire pin11 on honda harness to the ground??? I really hate pac installation explications.

·
Red Devils
525 Posts
^^^most accord HU's are diff. I have a 6disc cd changer with dual climate. Can somebody make a post explaining which wires are needed for each HU? All I want to do is hook up a single din pioneer cd player to my stock HU but I do not know which 1 wire I need to do that I kno there is an extra slot on my stock HU to connect a wire to the auc but I do not know which wire. Can Somebody plz help? BTW I am going to try and wire the aftermarket HU from my glove compartment and then havve a aux cable go from the glove compartment out the cubby hole and into my zune player. Gonna do a clean install but 1st I need to know which exact wires I need just to hook up the pioneer HU to my stock HU.

·
tuckin
530 Posts
Theres a harness I bought off eBay for like $5 that plugs into the stock headunit and the stock harness and makes it a Y harness and you solder the other wires to your aftermarket headunit harness. It sounds hard, but it is very trivial and all you have to do is colormatch the wires.

Found the pictures I took of it, and it works perfect btw.

Heres my IVA-W200 Alpine Headunit. Yes theres a gap, it doesnt really bother me and I really thought it would piss me off. I may mold the gap out when im done with the rest of the audio install. Aftermarket headunits kick ass btw, I have navi hooked up to it, an ipod and its a dvd player. Its a full entertainment center in my car, and pulled my whole audio system install together. And everything is touch screen FTW!

Does the harness differ between navi and non navi players?

·
Registered
87 Posts
It should not differ IIRC, but I have not worked on a navi version in a while to be honest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can someone help me out. i put the aftermarket radio in my car. i used the cable that came with the dash kit for the cubby. now my lights on the radio floor shift lights and climate controls will not light. what did i do wrong. I checked the fuses. Can someone assist me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can someone help me out. i put the aftermarket radio in my car. i used the cable that came with the dash kit for the cubby. now my lights on the radio floor shift lights and climate controls will not light. what did i do wrong. I checked the fuses. Can someone assist me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Perhaps the harness does not have illumination connected, or it is connected incorrectly. If it was just one, I would say it is a bulb, but all of them, it has to be either wired wrong or a fuse.

·
Registered
271 Posts
*Secret*

People in the LA area, go to the electronic district in LA i think its on Olympic and 17th. not sure about the 17th but awesome headunits are cheap.. thats where most audio shops get there stuff. see if you are getting ripped off.

just an fyi

·
Registered
1 Posts
So listen there is a way to do this. To do it properly you need a connector maker tool. From there you can wire a LOC into the metra or well i suppose any harness. I dont have pictures but i believe its 3rd and 4th in from left on top and bottom. Check your wiring harnesses front left and right speaker wires where they go to your aftermarket unit use the same pins where they go to your original headunit wire the loc in slap an rca or rca aux to your new lower deck and shazam youve got cd player and sort of the xm radio controlled by original stereo volume knob. If you could find an antenna doubler to throw the radio antenna to both units the xm radio may come in better. Be warned however youll need to turn off the cd changer when using it if you turn the vehicle off if you want the radios to actually turn off. This worked perfectly on a 2007 accord hope this helps anyone still trying.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts