Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone changed the front 6.5s..do the new speakers affect the setup with tha tweeters.

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
I swapped out the door speakers, with no amp or tweeter replacement. It sounds phenomenal compared to oem. I went alpine, worked well.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
dude can you link us to somewhere to get the front speaker covers off? i tried prying it off, but it doesnt seem like thats the way its done.

and no, the tweets are on a separate channel, swapping the front 6.5 wont affect the tweets. while youre at it, switch out the rear 6x9! theyre super-easy to access, unlike the front ones, in my experience!

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
The tweeters are run off the same wires as the front speakers, so if you replace the front speakers the tweeters will still work. However, you may want to play around with taking them out. Due to the different sensitivity of the aftermarket speakers compared to the factory speakers, they may seem a bit bright and may not interact with your new speakers to well. I had to pull my tweeters because they were way too loud compared to my aftermaket speakers and they were also causing phase issues which lead to poor imaging of the music. The left to right sounds were getting very mixed up and the midrange was getting lost. Took them out and it cleaned up the sound and imaging a lot.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i changed all my speakers to infinity reference and amped all of em. it just isnt worth it to change the tweeters in my opinion. it takes waaay too much time and effort to run the wires for the tweeters plus my tweeters are too sharp for my ears when i turn it up loud. i think the stock tweeters are fine.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
thanks, king.

aston, was it difficult to pull signal from the speaker level and send it to your amp? is the quality comparable to rca preamp outs like you get from aftermarket hu's? you have a 4ch? tia.

·
Registered
278 Posts
to get signal to the amp i just used a line out converter and tapped into the rear 6x9's. sound quality wise isnt as good as rca's. if i were to do it all over again i would just go with the alpine type r's and leave the tweeters alone.

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
Hopefully, the JL CleanSweep closes the gap between direct source connections and LOCs.

I haven't heard systems with amps drawing signals from LOCs; is the difference in quality so significant that you can hear an obvious difference???

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how are the alpine type s 6.5"? theres some guy sellin them for 60$cnd ..i believe theres diff model # i dont know what kind they are tho..

·
Registered
278 Posts
blackaccord03 do a search within v6p..i think some guy had a detailed step by step instuctions on how to install speakers.

yea i herd alot of good things about the boston acoustics. how much and what kind are they?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts