Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
General Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may seem basic, but for anyone interested in getting like nice Sparco or Momo pedal sets for their car, how do you tell which sizes are needed for 2003 Accords? Small, medium, or large? I have an auto, so I only would need two (with maybe a dead pedal as well). Thanks in advance.

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
striktlyaccord said:
I know this may seem basic, but for anyone interested in getting like nice Sparco or Momo pedal sets for their car, how do you tell which sizes are needed for 2003 Accords? Small, medium, or large? I have an auto, so I only would need two (with maybe a dead pedal as well). Thanks in advance.
Picture of my Mugen pedals: http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=14931&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

If you buy Momo or Sparco the pedals would never fit right because they are only cover-overs and they look a little bit weird up close. I suggest either Mugen or custom pedals like the ones in this site:
http://www.ultimatepedals.com/home.htm

or you can get genuine Mugen pedals from either www.kingmotorsports.com

or

www.jhpusa.com

·
Registered
596 Posts
GPerlAccord said:
Picture of my Mugen pedals: http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=14931&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

If you buy Momo or Sparco the pedals would never fit right because they are only cover-overs and they look a little bit weird up close. I suggest either Mugen or custom pedals like the ones in this site:
http://www.ultimatepedals.com/home.htm

or you can get genuine Mugen pedals from either www.kingmotorsports.com

or

www.jhpusa.com
How much did you pay for that?I checked jhpusa, since I live close in the neigborhood...but the kit doenst come in 3 pcs, only 2 pcs....and somewhat different from yours.

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
liuhendy said:
How much did you pay for that?I checked jhpusa, since I live close in the neigborhood...but the kit doenst come in 3 pcs, only 2 pcs....and somewhat different from yours.

The dead pedal I had to order that separately from someone who makes custom pedals. I have the Mugen Auto pedals. Like the ones you see here:
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?detail=1412

·
General Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, those Mugen ones are nice but I don't think I'd ever drop $174 for pedals. I think I'd just do something like 7thGenVillain did, but maybe minus the dead pedal. But I'm still wondering, when they come in sizes (S, M, L) what size do the Accord autos use?

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
I think 7thgenvillain should be able to answer that since he has those pedals.

However I am entitled to my opinions on the Momo pedals just as you are entitled to making the right choice. So good luck with the Momo pedals.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have the MOMO Match pedals and they look fine. You will need to grind down the original plastic pedal, but it's a time rather than an expense issue. I love the Mugen pedals, but could not justify the price.

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
mishima8 said:
I have the MOMO Match pedals and they look fine. You will need to grind down the original plastic pedal, but it's a time rather than an expense issue. I love the Mugen pedals, but could not justify the price.

Is that a red-painted dead-pedal? Looks pretty good. Is it flat red or a metallic red paint?

·
Registered
565 Posts
GPerlAccord said:
Is that a red-painted dead-pedal? Looks pretty good. Is it flat red or a metallic red paint?
That my good friend is Krylon plastic paint. It's formulated for use on plastics. It actually looks pretty decent considering the cost ($5). So in total I go about $50 total. So I don't qualify for baller status, but I used the rest for mugen socks and license plate bolts! :D

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
mishima8 said:
That my good friend is Krylon plastic paint. It's formulated for use on plastics. It actually looks pretty decent considering the cost ($5). So in total I go about $50 total. So I don't qualify for baller status, but I used the rest for mugen socks and license plate bolts! :D
yup have those too. Can hardly tell i got the mugen license plate bolts so I had to get a mugen cf license plate frame to bring it out.

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
striktlyaccord said:
Okay, those Mugen ones are nice but I don't think I'd ever drop $174 for pedals. I think I'd just do something like 7thGenVillain did, but maybe minus the dead pedal. But I'm still wondering, when they come in sizes (S, M, L) what size do the Accord autos use?
The ones I got has no certain size. It was an easy install. The brake pedal already has 2 holes at the bottem that you bolt on there. The gas pedal, I drilled the holes on the side instead drilling right into the rod behind the pedal.

·
Sponsored by my bank acct
229 Posts
7thGenVillain said:
The ones I got has no certain size. It was an easy install. The brake pedal already has 2 holes at the bottem that you bolt on there. The gas pedal, I drilled the holes on the side instead drilling right into the rod behind the pedal.
Your pedals look great, so does GPearl's. The only thing I'm iffy about is the dead pedal. It just looks funny to me how it's screwed onto the stock. It probably looks better in person. I like the ac schnitzer's dead pedal, how it covers over the stock (or replaces the stock).

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
the rubber/plastic grip on the stock dead pedal should just come right off. mine falls off all the time when im driving and its a pain in the ass. is there any point to that "pedal" other than looks?

with the momo pedals, did they actually screw INTO your stock pedals or cover with brackets around the back?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Mine screwed in (I think - bad memory), I have used brakceted ones before and these feel much more stable.

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
mishima8 said:

2 questions.. first, how did u manage to get that honda emblem inside ur steering wheel red?! :O
second, would having those metal pedals, not give u trouble in winter when ur shoes are wet, or perhaps even frozen?! no slipping?!

thanks guys

1 - 20 of 22 Posts