Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gotta 06 accord 6-6 ex. but my premium audio system is broke. is there any way to replace this with some kinda after market double din, and buy something that makes it fit back in right with all the climate controls? I dont want the CD player underneath and have 2 radios

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I just got a stock radio and it ended up being from a coupe. I didnt think it would matter as long as it was dual climate, which it is, so now I have radio but no heat or AC

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel your pain. I had a '94 Acura Legend Coupe and over the course of a few years, the Bose audio system got worse and worse, but I was reluctant to replace it with an aftermarket because I liked the steering wheel controls. Nobody would attempt to fix it. I was going to leave the original unit in and jerry-rig a cheap radio in, but I ended up selling it after owning it for 25 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced my radio on my 03 V6 coupe from a sedan and my radio works but i can't change the vent direction. Stuck on defrost.

And yes, they make a double den that replaces the area under the radio.

Pic from my brothers sedan with double den.

tinyurl.com/y64ctrad

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was considering this at some point possibly as a cheaper alternative.

ebay.com/itm/10-1-Android-9-1-Quad-Core-Car-Stereo-Radio-GPS-Nav-For-Honda-Accord-2003-2007/202753047370

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed a 10.2" touch screen android from a Chinese manufacturer for my coupe to replace the stock radio last year. The Tesla like tablet allowed for me to customize steering wheel controls. Therefor I can adjust volume, and skip tracks from my steering wheel. However my thermostat controls do not work either, since I have single climate, but the touch screen has dual climate. Since I am in southern Cali, it has not been an issue for me. The pros have out weighed the cons. I can use navigation, I can use google search engine with a hotspot device, It picks up my home and work wifi in the parking lot, I can watch music videos and movies from the USB jump drive. The unit cost me around $275 during thanksgiving for AliExpress i think..or Alibaba..i cant remember which. It was cheaper than a used stock device from a salvage yard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, the radio in my NTM '05 V6 Coupe keeps going to Sirius. I put it back on FM, and every time I start it it is backon Sirius. It's annoying. Is there a fix for this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts