Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking on getting an aftermarket steering wheel, like this Momo

Obviously my air bag won't work any more right?, Just curious ..How many of you have an aftermarket steering wheel, and gave up the air bag?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Read the guide to aftermarket steering wheel on this forum its a sticky. You can get a honda OEM steering wheel that would be a momo like a DC2 or DC5 steering wheels are momo, and have a functional airbag...

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
starrsearch_ said:
Read the guide to aftermarket steering wheel on this forum its a sticky. You can get a honda OEM steering wheel that would be a momo like a DC2 or DC5 steering wheels are momo, and have a functional airbag...

+1, the S2000 wheel also is a great choice.

plus you still have the airbag.

who the hell drives in the street without an airbag ? :confused:

·
Registered
273 Posts
bye bye airbag

wow. i always told myself how i wouldn't change the oem steering wheel -- b/c of the airbag.

eh. I'LL GIVE UP MY AIRBAG' ANYDAY .. since i just installed a Pole Position Steering Wheel today; and WOW! It looks great-- probably my best mod yet [interior]. Momo, Sparco, NRG, and Nardi have great choices to aftermarket steering wheels.

The hardest in swapping the steering wheel was taking the old OEM sucker OFF.. finally pryed it off w/ a few good yanks. LOL. Took me around 40 min to install a short hub, quick release, and steering wheel. Also got the Horn to work.

setup: personal pole position wheel, works bell rapfix II quick release, works bell short hub

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
I used to have a momo millenium evo wheel with quick release. I got tired of not having an airbag and a horn, so now i have a Euro-R wheel:)

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
that momo milleniun evo wheel is the sickest looking wheel for our cars IMO! aznf: duz ur horn button work with that?having a non airbag st weel wont b good for ur insurance company!

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
plumers said:
i thought you're not allowed to drive without any airbags unless the car is not equipped with one???
true dat, but it doesnt stop a lot of people. The evo sorta looks like it could have an air bag to the untrained eye i guess..

·
4,767 Posts
Lxcord said:
who the hell drives in the street without an airbag ? :confused:
ummm ... ppl with old car? ppl with aftermarket steering? :rolleyes:

kleptodathief said:
that momo milleniun evo wheel is the sickest looking wheel for our cars IMO! aznf: duz ur horn button work with that?having a non airbag st weel wont b good for ur insurance company!
i didn't hook up the horn because i dont need it and dont want it. driving w/o any horn button makes me have a patience with other drivers because i can't honk on them ... therefore, i have no choice than be patient with them. :angel:

and ... who would call their insurance and be like ... "ummmm ... i just wanna let you guys know that i just took off the airbag on my car. so pls make sure that you junk up the price on my car insurance ..." :gotme:

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
The wheels look soo hot, but i dont see how you could rip out the single most important airbag in the car for looks.. :/

Just sounds soo stupid to me.. Guess thats why im never doing it... Im evem scared to rip out my seats and loose the side airbags, but guess i like having saftey precautions or something? Must be CrAzY!

E

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
azn: another reason to have the HORN is to PREVENT avoidable accidents??? u know when sum fool is bout cut u off/changing lanes w/o checking blind spot....thats perfect xample of needing a horn! another reason, of course is when ur lined up from a roll :D

if i can get the evo wheel and a CF quickrelease for 200usd shipped i'd get one! come on E: u gotta drive on the edge man! oh i forgot u don't have TINT :D

·
4,767 Posts
kleptodathief said:
azn: another reason to have the HORN is to PREVENT avoidable accidents??? u know when sum fool is bout cut u off/changing lanes w/o checking blind spot....thats perfect xample of needing a horn! another reason, of course is when ur lined up from a roll :D
when some fool is about to cut me off ... the 1st that comes in my mind is hit the break. not the horn. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
aznfunkyflip said:
when some fool is about to cut me off ... the 1st that comes in my mind is hit the break. not the horn. :rolleyes:
+1

I dont use my horn, and it should never be used to 'prevent' accidents.. How does that help? not really much, theres only a few instances where a accident can be avoided with a horn honk, and theres allways other ways...

E

·
Mike
435 Posts
ericspda said:
+1

I dont use my horn, and it should never be used to 'prevent' accidents.. How does that help? not really much, theres only a few instances where a accident can be avoided with a horn honk, and theres allways other ways...

E
It is illegal to use your horn for anything besides avoiding an accident, how many people follow this law? close to none. Most people only really use their horns when they're pissed off at someone or just want to throw a fit. For that same reason, i really didn't give a damn whether my horn was taken out or not.

Millennium Evo wheel btw. with #4029 MOMO hub

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I would probably be the only person saying that the Momo milliniuam came out of the Fast and Furious movie...The function of an airbag is to save your life not to look good...I would get a JDM Momo DC2 or DC5 OEM steering whee with airbagl any day over any non airbag Momo wheel. I like Key!s racing suede wheel and Mugen ones since they actually look like steering wheels...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Liquid KoRdiaL said:
wow. i always told myself how i wouldn't change the oem steering wheel -- b/c of the airbag.

eh. I'LL GIVE UP MY AIRBAG' ANYDAY .. since i just installed a Pole Position Steering Wheel today; and WOW! It looks great-- probably my best mod yet [interior]. Momo, Sparco, NRG, and Nardi have great choices to aftermarket steering wheels.

The hardest in swapping the steering wheel was taking the old OEM sucker OFF.. finally pryed it off w/ a few good yanks. LOL. Took me around 40 min to install a short hub, quick release, and steering wheel. Also got the Horn to work.

setup: personal pole position wheel, works bell rapfix II quick release, works bell short hub

Let's see some PICs!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts