Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to aim headlights on the 6th gen coupe, im convinced mine are to low, even with high beams, sorry i got my car used, so i didnt get a manual, can anyone help me out on this.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here is a post I made that became a sticky from the last site about a year ago. I explained how to aim your headlights.

"The U.S. vertical aiming standard is 2.1" of drop at 25', or 8.4" per 100'. Measure the distance from the ground to the headlight's center using a yard stick or a meter stick, then place the car 25' from a flat vertical surface (wall) and make sure the car is on a level piece of ground. Then cover one of the headlights using something that will not let light through (thick towel). Go to the wall that is 25' away and measure the cutoff line of light on the wall to be 2.1" lower than the headlight's center height was and repeat for the other headlight. Aim the lights straight ahead for the horizontal. This applies to all headlights: reflector and projector based. However, you might be able to aim projectors a few degrees higher due to sharper cutoff, but for the Accord just aim the light 2.1" lower than the center height of the headlight housing itself."

Hope this helps,

http://www.v6accord.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10609&highlight=aiming+headlights

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought thats whatthat thing was for, thanks again playboy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts