Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed the rear Ingalls camber kit and called around for alignment quotes. Anybody have issues with Sears? I told them I installed adjustable control arms in the rear and the informed me that they would have to charge more because they would need to do adjustments? Does this sound right? He also commented that they might not be able to do it at all, depending if the tech knows how to adjust the arms!?!??!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just go somewhere else? Usually motorsports shops can refer you to someone who can actually do an alighment with knowledgable techs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
a lot of people steer clear of sears...i was warned and glad i never went to them after my springs/shocks were installed a couple of months ago. i believe someone posted a thread last week re their rim being scratched and/or bent by them. i agree, check with your local tuner shop for a referral. g/luck

·
4 door Coupe
593 Posts
yeah i think that was shon n.v. that had that rim issue with sears. most rim shops/tuner shops know who does alignments for custom suspension cars. they charge a lil extra though, so be prepared.

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
I work at Firestone, and we do alignments. Try Firestone and see what they charge. My shop charges $69.99 for a 1 time and $149.99 for a lifetime. I just did Joseph's (Daregulator) Tein coilover install and Ingalls rear camber install. I did the alignment of course, but some shops will charge more.

·
Registered
956 Posts
arom said:
Well I installed the rear Ingalls camber kit and called around for alignment quotes. Anybody have issues with Sears? I told them I installed adjustable control arms in the rear and the informed me that they would have to charge more because they would need to do adjustments? Does this sound right? He also commented that they might not be able to do it at all, depending if the tech knows how to adjust the arms!?!??!

I've gotten my alignment done from Sears various time, they know how to adjust the camber and dont charge anything extra but this time they put scratches on my new rims which I am currently in process of desputing with them. Other than that they've done a good job so far for me.

islandaccord said:
i believe someone posted a thread last week re their rim being scratched and/or bent by them. i agree, check with your local tuner shop for a referral. g/luck

That was me and the wheel wasnt bent by them, I bought the wheels used and previous owner prolly hit a pot-hole to put a bend like that. I took it to a wheel repair shop and they almost fixed the bend.

Now Iam desputing with Sears about the scratches, they took pictures of it and are currently investigating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts